Beat The Time with today's contestant Abby Cadabby

jonnytbird

Reaction score
(The scene is the game show studio set, which is the same as "The Crying Game" replacing the sad faces with stars. The clock is in the center of the studio. The music on-screen is from "The Crying Game" and "What’s Prairie’s problem.")
ANNOUNCER (voiced by Martin Robinson): Once again it’s time for everybody’s favorite wacky-stunt show "Beat The Time!" And here’s everybody’s favorite game show host, Mr. Guy Smiley!
(Applause)
GUY SMILEY: (enters through the studio curtains after a brief struggle. Speaks in his loud enthusiastic voice) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is Guy Smiley, America’s favorite game show host and welcome to "Beat The Time." The game where contestants have to perform wacky-stunts but they have to beat the time in order to win fabulous prizes!
(Applause)
GUY: Yes! And now let’s meet today’s contestant from Sesame Street, here she is, Ms. Abby Cadabby!
(Music plays, camera shot at the studio curtains but Abby doesn’t enter)
GUY: Wait a minute, wait a minute.......Where’s Abby? Abby? Abby?
(A fairy dust flies around Guy and Abby Cadabby appears on Guy Smiley’s head, causing Guy to fall. Applause)
ABBY: (gets off of Guy’s head) Hi Mr. Smiley!
GUY: (gets up) Well hello Abby. I must say I never saw an original entrance like that before.
ABBY: (giggles) Thank you.
GUY: Now Abby, are you ready for today’s wacky-stunt?
ABBY: I’m ready!
GUY: Because if you complete this stunt, you’ll win an all expense-paid trip for two to Disney World!
ABBY: (to the camera) Did you hear that mommy?
GUY: OK. Now all you have to do if find four things that rhymes with the word "thing " in sixty seconds.
ABBY: Sixty seconds to find four things that rhymes with the word "thing." But wait! Can I use my magic to bring them back here?
GUY: Sure. Now let’s start the game! ON YOUR MARK! GET SET! GO!
(Abby poofs out of the studio. Clock starts ticking. Clock music from "Say The Word" and "To Tell A Face" starts playing)
GUY: Will she find four things that rhymes with "thing" in sixty seconds folks?
ABBY: (poofs back in the studio with a diamond ring) I found a ring!
(Music and applause)
GUY: Wonderful! Wonderful, Abby! Ring does rhyme with "thing." Now hurry up and find three more.
ABBY: Oh good! Say, would you mind holding this ring for me? (Gives Guy the ring) Thanks! (Poofs out of the studio again)
GUY: Now Abby Cadabby has to find three more things that rhymes with "thing!"
ABBY: (poofs back in the studio bringing back a King, the same king muppet from "Cinder Elmo") I found a King!
(Music and applause)
GUY: Very Good Abby! King also rhymes with "thing!"
KING: (confused) This isn’t the royal ball. (To Abby) I say Ms. Cadabby, where are we?
GUY: You know this guy?
ABBY: Yeah. He’s Prince Charming’s father.
GUY: Well Abby, you only have half of your time left to find two more things that rhymes with the word "thing" now get going!
(Abby poofs out of the studio again)
KING: Excuse me young man, can you tell me how to get back to the royal ball?
GUY: We’re on a television show right now so you should probably get off the stage.
KING: Very well. (Exits)
ABBY: (poofs back in the studio bringing back a shower with Bert in it while he’s singing "Doin’ The Pigeon" out loud) I’m back Mr. Smiley.
GUY: Wait a minute. That man’s taking a shower! SHOWER DOES NOT RHYME WITH "THING!"
ABBY: But listen.
BERT: (singing) Dancing a little smidgeon of that kind of ballet...
GUY: Why he’s singing. AND SING DOES RHYME WITH "THING!"
(Music and applause)
BERT: (stops singing, opens the shower curtains, and is shown naked with a shower cap on his head) Ernie! How many times do I have to tell you to turn down the.....AAAHHH! WHERE AM I?
GUY: YOU’RE ON "BEAT THE TIME" NOW GET OFF THE STAGE!
(Abby and the audience laughs at Bert as he screams and runs hysterically off the stage)
GUY: (to Bert) AND PUT SOME CLOTHES ON TOO! (to Abby) COME ON ABBY! YOU ONLY HAVE A LITTLE TIME TO FIND ONE MORE THING!
ABBY: But I can’t think of any.....(a lightbulb is shown above her head with a ring) WING! WING RHYMES WITH "THING!" SEE? (turns her back to Guy to show him her wings)
(Buzzer)
GUY: YOU’RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ABBY! WING RHYMES WITH "THING!" AND YOU JUST WON THE GAME!
(Music and applause)
ABBY: (giggles and floats up in the air above Guy’s head) It’s so enchanting. I beat the time! I beat the time! (Floats back down ro the floor)
GUY: Congratulations Abby!
ABBY: Thanks Mr. Smiley! I can’t wait to get home and tell me fairy godmommy! (poofs out of the studio)
(Applause)
GUY: Well that’s all the time we have on "Beat The Time." So until next time, this is Guy Smiley saying...
(Two police officers (blue live-hands voiced by martin Robinson and orange live-hands voiced by David Rudman) rush on the stage surrounding Guy)
BLUE OFFICER: Hold it right there buddy!
GUY: (frightened) Where’d you guys come from?
ORANGE COP: You sir are under arrest for stealing a diamond ring from a local jewelry store.
GUY: But I didn’t take this ring.
BLUE COP: We saw the whole thing on TV, (Mocks him) Mr. Star of daytime television.
ORANGE COP: Yeah, you’ll be doing time in Sing Sing ‘til further notice. Now come along.
(Theme music begins to play and the two police officers take Guy Smiley off the stage)
GUY: But that was for my game show! I can’t be seen like this infront of my mommy! Let me go!
ANNOUNCER: Coming up next, that new reality show, "Guy Smiley in Sing Sing." But until then, so long from "Beat The Time!"

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Now that is funny way to end a Guy Smiley short. :smile:

ISNorden

Reaction score
Love the way Abby used "Letter of the Day Games"-style tricks to count Bert's singing as an item...if that qualified, though, she actually found FOUR rhymes for "thing". ;-)

The only parts I didn't like: Guy Smiley accidentally getting in trouble with the cops is a bit serious for Sesame Street. And Abby might borrow a ring from some rich lady in the audience (the way Cookie Monster stole that old guy's cane), but theft from a jewelry store? Considering all the nursery rhymes/fairy tales about thieves getting in trouble, I think Abby would know better.