Beatles covers on SS

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, take a moment to understand the nature of the request. Ryan "Doesn't" have these three songs, so he can't/couldn't send them along to any others interested in having them. Ryan "Is" looking to get these songs, since he doesn't have them. As for the characters and plots of the songs themselves, well take that up with him.
But in the meantime, post here where one could get copies of those three songs as they were performed on the early years of Sesame Street.
Hope this helps despell some of the confusion, and have a good weekend.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
does anyone have any idea what the song think of you was taken off from. i know the spoofs of the other 2 but don't know about this one.

Ryan

Reaction score
Thanks, Count, it's a good thing some people's brains are still functional around here.... :smile:

Victoria

Reaction score
Do y'all remember the "Letter B" mocking 'Let it Be" skit?? I love that! The green muppets have beatle hair cuts. I loved it and would looovvee to see that again! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course those characters had Beatle-type haircuts, they were SS celebrity spoof characters named "The Beetles". You can even see the group's name as the logo on the big base drum in the background. Anyway, the song "Letter B" was featured and can be found on the video titled Count It Higher: The Count Counts Sesame Street Music Videos.
Now then, can anyone help Ryan find his three songs of the actual human rock group known as the Beatles as they were performed on the early years of Sesame Street? Hope this helps and have a good day.

Ryan

Reaction score
I found Octopus Garden in Dutch, I should be getting that soon. The other two are still extremely rare. I beginning to think the Lucy skit doesn't exist..one person posted about it here a long time ago, but I've never heard anything else about it.

Joggy

Reaction score
Lucy In The Sky exists - it was mentioned in one of the quizzes in the Unpaved book.

Someone told me (I think it was Splurge!) that the Yellow Submarine song was preceeded by Bob dressing up three Anything Muppets as, I believe, a driver, a train engineer and an airline pilot. Or something. When he asks what the Muppets will choose to travel in, they say: "A submarine!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe Joggey and BlueAM have been working together on this one. Check this...
Recent postings in the "Count Needs Help!" threads have led me to add the Car Driver, Engineer, and Boat Captain from the song "Goin' For a Ride" to the listings.
Is it possible that this classic SS song preceeded the presentation of the Beatles' song "Yellow Submarine" on the same episode?
Hope this helps you track it down for your collection Ryan.