Beauty and The Beast

kansasteen14

Reaction score
so who else has or is getting this on DVD and Vid? got it Mon. and it is GREAT,I have seen Human Again and LOVE IT. love the bonus features as well

GWGumby

Reaction score
I doubt this will spark as much discussion as Monsters Inc. but I'll just chime in that I purchased it yesterday. I haven't got a chance to look at it, though.

I think it's really cool that they put the "work-in-progress" version on there. That's probably the feature I'm most looking forward to other than just watching the movie itself. I haven't seen it since it was originally in theaters.

Lu775

Reaction score
I'm itching to pick up a copy for myself, just trying to find a good price. (Also, I don't have a dvd player yet....but I'm still gonna get me the dvd so I 'll have it in my collection).

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lu775
I'm itching to pick up a copy for myself, just trying to find a good price. (Also, I don't have a dvd player yet....but I'm still gonna get me the dvd so I 'll have it in my collection).
The best price for DVDs is always the first week of release, so don't wait too long. Disney will retire the title before it gets to the "cheap bins."

Best Buy had it for $17.99 and I believe that's about as cheap as you'll find it.

Lu775

Reaction score
Yes, I've been told that Walmart has it for about $20.00, same at Future shop... I think I can do some shopping this weekend. (Yay for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Too bad they didn't add my favorite deleted scene, the song The Beast sings called "I'm gonna Make a horrible Grost Fart!!!"

HA HA HA HA HA HA! Sorry!!! Sorry!! It's a LOOOOONG story!

GWGumby

Reaction score
Well, I've watched the movie and some of the extras and I have to say the DVD is very well done. I have yet to see the work-in-progress version which I'm very interested in, nor have I watched the commentary.

My main thoughts after having finally watched this movie again for the first time since the original theatrical run is that it is an absolutely gorgeous but seriously flawed movie.

I think they said it best in the making of feature when they said they couldn't figure out who's story this was, Belle's or the Beast's. As a result the final climax pretty much ruins the movie when the Beast changes to human and suddenly Belle must live happily ever after with someone different than whom she fell in love with. Is it any wonder none of the merchandising features the Prince?

I think they needed to do one of two things: a) Either take the time to actually tell the Beast's story and introduce us (and possibly Belle) to the human before he was a Beast. We are given a stained-glass introduction, but that doesn't really let us know the character nor any of his servants who are all the supporting characters of the story. Or b) Remove the back story altogether from the beginning of the film so that both us and Belle see the Beast as nothing other than a monster and then allow her and us to slowly discover the humanity underneath the monster. Furthermore, I think they needed time at the end for the two to reconnect after the transformation as opposed to: "Belle, it's me!" "Oh the Beast is gone? Ok, I'll take you then." The end.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Dr.tooth that wasnt funny,and I REALLY liked the work in progress version.and I dont think it is really flawed because Belle fell in love with the beast not because she cared what hee looked like but his personality which will most likely stay the same it was by the end of the movie and I think the stained glass works for it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
Dr.tooth that wasnt funny,and I REALLY liked the work in progress version
Sorry! It seems you have struck my "Inside Joke" nerve. I remember writing this really stupid comic about predictions in the future. One of the predictions was there would be some sort of Bug, or glitch in the Robotic programming at Disney World attractions. In short, the rides would break down, causing the robots to go haywire.

As it turns out, there used to be this dumb "random gross comment" generator toy on the market (gross humor was so big at the time, like 1993 or 94) that said "I'm gunna make a horrible grost fart" in a really funny low pitched gravelly voice.

My sister had a comic book adaption or something of Beauty and the Beast, and they drew him really angry and funny in one pannel. So, I wrote this comic where the rides break down, and the Beast says that. I happened to find that comic (in all honesty, it was really rough, and my comics are WAAAAAYYY better now), and I laughed my butt off. It was such a stupid joke, I needed to psot it here.

I'm sorry If I insulted anyone, since it was not my intent. Besides, I got the stupids when I saw this post! Though it is not my favorite, Beauty and the Beast is a great Movie. Much better than Pokahauntas!

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Sorry! It seems you have struck my "Inside Joke" nerve. I remember writing this really stupid comic about predictions in the future. One of the predictions was there would be some sort of Bug, or glitch in the Robotic programming at Disney World attractions. In short, the rides would break down, causing the robots to go haywire.
so...like "Westworld", but without Yul Brenner? does the Beast maul people instead of shoot them?