"Because I'm a Villain": Your Picks for the New Muppet Movie

wilson

Reaction score
Before reading the thread, I was thinking Christopher Walken...good call, colbynfriends. :stick_out_tongue: I think Harvey Keitel would also be outstanding.
As for Angelina Jolie, I'm equal parts excited and concerned. On the one hand, she'd certainly draw people in to see the film, which is a good thing. Furthermore, with the right script, she'd be a great Muppet villain. On the other, she's a big enough star that I'd worry that they'd let her upstage the real stars. :mad:
I think we've seen some really good Muppet villains over the years already...Doc Hopper always really scared me, and I think Tim Curry was a very good Long John Silver (put me in the camp of people who like MTI, and ask me more if you really want to :wink:). I also loved Charles Grodin..."Thieves aren't breathing down your neck" is among my very favorite Muppet lines ever.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
COLBERT COLBERT COLBERT. I totally second Prawnie's suggestion! He's a fantastic actor and wonderful at staying in character. AND he recently had Cookie monster on his show and the skit was amazingly funny, so we know he would treat the muppets as REAL, as opposed to treating them like felt as some "actors"*coughAshantiCOUGH* have in the past.

Plus he totally stole the show in The Love Guru as the drug-addicted hockey announcer (it doesn't sound funny describing it, but trust me; he's the best and funniest part of that movie!) so he needs to be in MORE MOVIES a.k.a. the next muppet movie!

Also, this would be my biggest fantasy come true, seeing as I am a fully-fledged Muppet Freak as well as being a member of the Colbert Nation!