"Because I'm a Villain": Your Picks for the New Muppet Movie

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, since he's a friend of Segel and Stoller, how about Jonah Hill? Not my top choice, but he could be a fun bad guy, too.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Steve Carell...would make a VERY interesting Muppet villian!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Don't you think he has that sort of air about him? I could totally see him as an oil tycoon (if that's still what Segel's going for). I could also totally see Patrick Warburton as one of his goons, or any sort of goon. :stick_out_tongue:

Ooh, and another fun one would be Carol Burnette, she was GREAT as the villain in Horton Hears a Who, and she's just an all-around fun person. That's another person I'd like to see make a cameo in some way, shape, or form.
Oil tycoon? Did I miss an article? Serves me right for being out of the loop.

Carol Burnett was also great as Miss Hannigan in the film version of "Annie" (which I think got a bad rap - Burnett, Finney, and Anne Reinking were great, as was Edward Hermann in his cameo as FDR).

Super Scooter said:
David, I recently bought Arrested Development on DVD, and I love it! Will Arnett is great in it. The character he plays is such a great blend of a jerk and an idiot. I would love to see him as a Muppet villain. As an Arrested Development fan, I could also kind of see Jason Bateman as a bad guy.
Bateman could go either way. He's a pretty subtle actor and might not suit the tone. Of course, I'm hoping that the tone isn't TOO broad and over-the-top, as in MfS and especially MWoO and KSY.

What else is great about Arnett is that even though he's a very big and bold presence, he keeps his performances grounded in reality. Who else could've brought humanity, self-doubt, even tenderness to an obnoxious, self-centered character like GOB Bluth? Not many, I'd say.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Super Scooter

Reaction score
:scary:

Oil tycoon? Did I miss an article? Serves me right for being out of the loop.
Seems to me there was an early report about the Muppet Theater being bought out by an ol company or something like that. I'm fairly certain it was just a rumor.

Of course, I'm hoping that the tone isn't TOO broad and over-the-top, as in MfS and especially MWoO and KSY.
Especially Kermit's Swamp Years. If it weren't for the bad guy in that movie, I would have liked it a lot more.

What else is great about Arnett is that even though he's a very big and bold presence, he keeps his performances grounded in reality. Who else could've brought humanity, self-doubt, even tenderness to an obnoxious, self-centered character like GOB Bluth? Not many, I'd say.
Agreed. I love that character. He's a horrible person, but there's a lot more to him than that. He wants his father's approval, his brother's respect, but he keeps messing up. Will Arnett's my number one choice for a Muppet villain now. Before, it was just a thought that occured to me, now you've got me thinking about him more. He'd be great!

By the way, I was thinking, if it's cool with everyone, maybe once we get some more suggestions, and enough support for each suggested bad guy, maybe we could open this up to a vote. Take the actors the people show the most interest in, and vote on who we'd most like to see as the next Muppet movie villain.

Anyone else like the idea?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Vince Vaughn! Could you imagine having him as the villain.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yucka...There are very few things that would put me off seeing a Muppet Movie...in fact, I'd say there is nothing that would...But Vince Vaughn is the exception. I've always found him a horrible actor likenable to Will Ferrel and Ben Stiller. Three of the smuggest actors I've seen and they make me want to scratch all my skin off just watching them. No offence...

Whoever the villian is, I hope they have a good sidekick. Pepe was great as Bitterman's sidekick, and I found Mary hilarious in KSY (saved the movie for me). And of course the one that started them all, Max. But the sidekick should 'mean' something to the villian, not just be there for the sake of it, like Max rather than Mary.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Whoever the villian is, I hope they have a good sidekick. Pepe was great as Bitterman's sidekick, and I found Mary hilarious in KSY (saved the movie for me). And of course the one that started them all, Max. But the sidekick should 'mean' something to the villian, not just be there for the sake of it, like Max rather than Mary.

And let's not forget all those pirates like Polly Lobster and Clueless Morgan. They were great sidekicks too.

You know, Beau, I wouldn't even have thought of that myself. A Sidekick to the villain is important. Be they a duo, like the cutrate carny brothers in FTB or a mismatched pair like said pirates and Long John Silver.

Of course, Grodin acted on himself. he had partners in crime, but they didn't talk at all. But he had such great chemestry of false sencerity with Piggy.

Whatever the villain is, I want them to have great chemestry with the Muppets.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Yucka...There are very few things that would put me off seeing a Muppet Movie...in fact, I'd say there is nothing that would...But Vince Vaughn is the exception. I've always found him a horrible actor likenable to Will Ferrel and Ben Stiller. Three of the smuggest actors I've seen and they make me want to scratch all my skin off just watching them. No offence...

Geez Beau! Okay fine, make Steve Martin the villian! He'd be great!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ooooh, Steve Martin as a bad guy. That sounds fun. He was good in Looney Tunes.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I'm going to second Carol Burnett, unfortunately. She was FANTASTIC as Queen Aggravain in the TV movie of Once Upon A Mattress several years back, and while I haven't exactly seen her in Horton yet, I'd LOVE to see her be the villain in the new Muppet movie, but unfortunately, I think it's wishful thinking. She may be mostly retired by now, what with all the work she's doing for her late daughter's charity.

BJ