Beginner puppet - comments welcome!

apendola

Reaction score
wow thanks for the compliments!

No - I haven't named him. I work on him during drama class and play practice (when it's not my scenes) and the german exchange student who is in the play has taken a particular liking to him and calls him gonzo. (I don't really think he looks like gonzo, but whatever). She leaves in a month or two so I'll probably give it to her before she leaves. You guys seem to like him though, so maybe I can get some good shots of him and send him into project puppet to put in their gallery!

Here are some technical specs
The Body is made of some discount fake fure. The fabric itself is blue with white fibers - I think it creates a neat effect that is often seen on real animals. They also had this fabric in pink w/ white, so maybe I'll make him a girlfriend.

The eyes are practice golf balls

The nose was made by taking a circle of antron fleece and the running stitch method. (a year or so ago I purchased the "scraps" of antron fleece from puppet planet - good stuff! eyes, noses, accents galore)

The inside of the mouth is red felt (he'll need a tongue)

The hair is ostrich feather.

Reaction score
Funny I just looked at the pic never even read that it was a GFsock thatg makes it even better yet....I made a Reindeer I will post a pic when they let me

MGov

Reaction score
Beats the heck out of physics. (You'll never use physics anyway*)

*Actually, you will use physics.

apendola

Reaction score
thanks bezalel! I think your patterns are amazing - not because of the flexibility and creativity, but to the actual insight of how puppets are made. It's not an obvious or even "guessable" science, but your patterns are really great for learning how many professional puppets could be constructed.

As for physics, yea, I totally know its useful. I'm in BC calculus and the whole time I'm thinking "how did people live without this stuff?"

yet all I want to do is build puppets.