Behind the Scenes- Joe Pesci on SST

SSLFan

Reaction score
I was very surprised - and quite amused - when seeing these clips. It shows Joe Pesci filming the 25th anniversary special "Stars & Street Forever" from 1994. In one clip, he actually spits on Elmo & also he pokes fun at Benny the Bellhop. There's also another where Julia Louis-Dreyfus says a "bad word" in front of Elmo & Zoe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl3evXJqb54&feature=channel
Joe & Benny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ05oOZiZOA&feature=channel
Joe with Elmo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_5M-AK7HU&feature=channel
Julia Louis-Dreyfus

I guess it's another one of those cases where you never know what goes on behind the camera...
:stick_out_tongue:

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
Oh my god... those were awesome... I would love to see more behind the scenes stuff... you know it probably gets raunchy

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw the one with Benny a month ago, but didn't really pay much attention to the dialogue until now.

Now if only somebody would upload the whole special on youtube.

KingR76

Reaction score
Wowsers, watching two of those videos especially with him spitting on Elmo and the one with Benny you have to actually wonder why he did it, as in did he really want to be there cos his attitude sucks.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Oh my god... those were awesome... I would love to see more behind the scenes stuff... you know it probably gets raunchy
Oh yes - their end-of-season gag reels are legendary ... and carefully guarded as there would be trouble with the overreactive parent crowd if they got leaked out.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The video with Julie Louis-Dreyfuss is funny. The one with Benny's all right. But, Joe Pesci spitting on Elmo? That's terrible! How could anyone be so disgusting and rude? If he were to spit on one of the human actors, would it have been funny to anyone?

I don't see how he could have possibly been just joking around doing something like that.

... BUT, having said that, I would love to see OTHER outtakes from Sesame Street.

:batty::grouchy::batty:

SSLFan

Reaction score
But, Joe Pesci spitting on Elmo? That's terrible! How could anyone be so disgusting and rude? If he were to spit on one of the human actors, would it have been funny to anyone?
Yeah...I laughed and though "whoa! seriously?" at the same time. It was funny IMO, but a tad rude. Just look at Maria's facial expression as soon as he spits on Elmo. She looks so ticked off from him doing that.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I sent the videos to my friends on YouTube, and so far they all thought they were funny.