Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

Beauregard

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
P.S. Er... Steve wasn't sitting on my shoulder, just Kermit.
*leads the female members of Swaehb back out the thread*

I told you there was no need to be excited...

lol

Cool stries! Keep them coming!!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
*leads the female members of Swaehb back out the thread*

I told you there was no need to be excited...
<following Beau out of thread> Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Man, why can't I ever be right about this kind of thing? :stick_out_tongue:

<ahem> anyway, love getting these stories from you, Was Once Ernie. Very much appreciated.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Yes, not only do you have an awesome story to tell, you are telling it very well. I'm looking forward to part four!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Hi Gang!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm going to the San Diego Comic-Con International this week, so Part Four won't be posted until next week.

By the way, (and this is probably the wrong place for this, but anyway...) there are two panels that Muppet fans will want to see. Here are the official descriptions. First, on Friday:

5:30-7:00 The Jim Henson Company’s 50th Anniversary: Retrospective and Sneak Peek at MirrorMask. JHC was founded in 1955 by prolific artist and puppeteer Jim Henson. Leaders of the company will take a look back at some rare footage of Jim’s early performances. Also see the recent achievements of the company’s newest performed animation technology and a sneak peek at upcoming projects, including this fall’s MirrorMask. Room 6B

Then, later that evening:

7:00-11:00 The Jim Henson Company’s 50th Anniversary: Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal—The Jim Henson Company continues its 50th anniversary celebration with screenings of Jim Henson’s classic fantasy features, Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal, with a special introduction by co-CEO and performer Brian Henson. Room 6B

Also, on Saturday, I'll be co-hosting a spotlight panel on announcer and voice-artist extraordinaire Gary Owens.

Come out and say hi if you can!

:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. You must register to attend Comic-Con, but you don't need to pre-register. You can register on-site, however, the show is very likely to sell-out this year for the first time. For more info about the con:
Comic-Con International

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, that's all awesome information! That, coupled with the Charles Schulz Museum presentation, is everything I could dream of!!

Have a safe trip, and we look forward to your safe return and Part 4!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am not going to attend the event, but you said for anybody who sees you to ay hi. I don't think you have even told us who you are, so people could see you without knowing.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I am not going to attend the event, but you said for anybody who sees you to say hi. I don't think you have even told us who you are, so people could see you without knowing.
Ah, but if they come to the Gary Owens panel, they'll figure it out. (HINT: I'll be the one that's NOT Gary or Mark) :wink:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I'm leaving for Comic-Con this morning, but I just remembered something funny that I forgot to include earlier.

You'll recall that I ducked out on getting one of the Emmett Otter characters. Later in the day, I was thrilled to have Ernie, but I was also happy for another reason. All the Emmett Otter people were complaining how itchy the puppets were! Several other people were really disappointed because all they got to be were lobsters. I was then doubly thrilled to be Ernie.

Talk to you all next week!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Several other people were really disappointed because all they got to be were lobsters. I was then doubly thrilled to be Ernie.
Yeah, but as a lobster you get a cool sombrero and pistola, AND you get to take over the Chef's kitchen...

:zany: