Behold! The Worst Cartoon Show of all time

Drtooth

Reaction score
At the risk of beating this into the ground (yeah, I'm going off on those Duckchickens again), I actually managed to force myself through a "Problem Solverz." The season 2 episode where the video game programmer crashes at their house and promises that he'll make a Problem Solverz video game but wears out his welcome. I'll admit this. I can't exactly say it's bad so much as it's not good but nothing spectacularly awful for me to really go on about. There at least seems to be attempts at humor that don't go that well or almost become funny. If anything, all I can say is this is a show that desperately wants to be Aqua Teen Hunger Force (it was a projected [as] show after all), but it doesn't capture the charm or gets the extreme weirdness of the show right. Obviously, the artwork is awful, and it's blindingly abrasive in it's visuals on purpose because this is clearly a troll-y series. But seriously... no excuse for how crappy the animation is. ATHF has limited movement, but the facial features among other things are hand drawn, and everything else is Adobe Premier. Other than that, Problem Solvers isn't good, but by all means, it's at least a lot funnier than that stupid monkey show CN had.

Now, as this relates to Stone Quackers, I caught a few minutes of it on purpose for a comparison. The easiest thing to say is, the only thing this show has over PS is that the animation is an improvement, and as pug fugly as SQ is, at least it's not as offensive visually as PS. No weird little video game sprites flashing around, and even disgustingly barf colored muted neon is still better than high bright neon for the peepers. But it seems that even PS managed to be comparatively better written, funnier, and just overall a better series. Again, comparatively. But the most obnoxious thing I found was that the characters in SQ are blatant expies of of PS characters. And not in the Osamu Tetzuka "all the world is a play" type rotating animated actors sort of way. A very, very lazy way. But no more is this evident than with the big fat orange duckchicken. The character is just the big coffee bean thingy from PS in a new wrapper. Same voice, same character, same everything but being a coffee bean thing. You know, because fat stupid characters are always funny? Right? Right?

BTW, that's one of the reasons I don't like China, IL. It seems that even if they're trying subtle deconstructive parody with the character of Baby Cakes, he's still just a big fat stupid guy with a goofy voice for the sake of being a big fat stupid guy with a goofy voice.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
(Jeez, just realized I haven't posted anything here for, like, a year.)

While this isn't exactly a show, what is with this sudden influx of absolutely abhorrent YouTube channels with nothing but poorly animated nursery rhymes?

I mean, what is this? There are dozens of channels like these, and they always have ungodly Flash animation that often uses copyrighted characters. It's honestly kinda eerie.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Those videos are just unintentionally frightening. Stilted animation, an Asian man singing in a fractured monotone voice, and all the nonsensical copyright-infringing images (seriously, Disney, you can sue a Florida daycare center with your all-powerful lawyers but can't issue a takedown notice to these shysters? :rolleyes:). Parents who accept this bottom-barrel garbage and who let their kids watch these videos should be smacked upside the head a thousand times over. You're better off jangling keys in front of their face if you're willing to treat them like drooling morons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I don't even think complaining about these or lumping them in with professional level awful is worth it. These are terrible, and only exist to get some of that sweet, sweet Youtube partnership revenue and having their crap be on every search page for any legitimate form of educational entertainment. Lazy parents find the first pseudo-educational video they find, and they get exactly what they pay for and what they deserve.

Bad internet animations are always out there, and some are just so incredibly awful they're hilariously awful. Like the Garfrield the Cat Newgrounds videos. Sure, they're on the So Bad It's Horrible page on TV Tropes, but they're so over the top trying to be offensive that they're just... indescribably stupid and it's a riot. Some are just bad. Sure, if something's way over the top bad that it's worse than bad, I'd probably pay mind to it. But the only thing I REALLY hate about these cheapo educational videos is how they hog the heck up any freaking search results for Sesame Street! GRRRRRR! I hate that so much.

But that's the thing about the internet. Anyone who thinks they have talent can put something up. To me, there's a different level of awful that comes from professionalism. Think about how difficult it is to pitch something and get it made. And then something awful manages to ooze out. Something that was picked at a pitch meeting over another, probably more worthy idea. Anyone can poop out a bad flash animated internet cartoon, but it takes a special line of circumstances to get something terrible to television and or theaters. Sometimes it's just having a crapload of money for self promotion, like the Oogieloves movie. There's a bigger filter out there for professional for profit stuff, and when crap gets through (as it often does) it's far less excusable.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ugh... speaking of terrible professional animation, no sooner had I posted that than I found out about this:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Maxies-World-The-Complete-Series/21500

Ummmm... really?! You can tell that even Hasbro didn't want to bother trying to get the rights to this, and it's their own short lived toyline from the 80's. While not the worst cartoon out there, it's definitely on the terrible scale. A preachy, clumsy cartoon based on a forgettable Barbie knockoff. And what gets me is that there are so many better DIC cartoons that haven't been released yet. Actually, much less than I think about, but they definitely didn't release Super Dave or Ulysees 31. Seriously. Ulysees 31 is so much more deserving of a DVD release beyond the first 3 episodes than Maxie's World. Though, too bad this was a long time coming. I could have used a cleaner version of Fat Chance for that YTP I did years back.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't believe Mr. Pickles got picked up for a second season. It has to be a low budget series. That's the only way that got a renewal and they couldn't cancel Black Dynamite fast enough after that got a second season. Even the announcement commercial for the show is obnoxious and full of the same obvious humor the show is famous for. I really hate how the concept is infinitely better than the execution of the series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Back to the kind of "So the worst, it's the best" kind of terrible, Discotek Media is releasing the worst anime of all time. That anime in case you're wondering is the infamous Chargeman Ken!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Back to the kind of "So the worst, it's the best" kind of terrible, Discotek Media is releasing the worst anime of all time. That anime in case you're wondering is the infamous Chargeman Ken!

Hehe, I just watched the first episode, it was hilariously awful. It's like Johnny Quest, Speed Racer and Clutch Cargo had a baby, a really dumb baby who got none of it's parents' inheritance money.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It feels like something that desperately wants to be Tatsunoko but isn't. As in the characters look quite a bit like they'd come from that particular Japanese animation studio. Ken himself looks just a little like a certain other Ken from Gatchaman. I forget his Battle of the Planets name.

The show is so legendarily bad in its home country, they've memed the heck out of it.

Luke kun

Reaction score
And on that subject, here's an episode of Astroboy that was farmed out to another animation firm that Tetzuka hated so much he wanted all copies of it destroyed. Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for everyone else, it was destroyed after copies were sent to the US for the dub.

Yeah. Hilariously terrible. Astro looks like crap through the whole thing, and it's full of bizarre sight gags.
That said, I urge everyone to check out that Astroboy. It's almost like John K traveled back in time and threw random stupid gags in there. More than makes up for the ugliness of the episode overall.
Well, Drtooth, guess what I might be using for my new YTP? (assuming that you can still download private or blocked videos via YouTubeinMP4)