Bein' Green is overplayed

icetraigh

Reaction score
First of all, let me say I love the radio station. It brings back a lot of memories and I like hearing all the old Sesame Street songs.

My only complaint is that Kermit's song "Being Green" is played just about once every ten minutes and I'M TIRED OF IT!!!

Here's a trivia question for you: Excatly how many versions are there of that god blessed song?!

Could you cut back on the constant being green plays, please?

WiGgY

Reaction score
There are 15 million versions of it.

I think there is too much Bear in the Big Blue House as well, but it is free.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoy the classic Sesame Street tunes.

You shouldn't be hearing Bein' Green every ten minutes. A different version of the song plays about every 3 and a half hours or at around 7 times a day. Currently there are 10 different versions of Bein' Green in our rotation some by Kermit and some by celebrities (like Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles, Tony Bennett).

The most popular Muppet songs like Rainbow Connection, Mahna Mahna, Bein' Green and The Muppet Show theme do play more frequently than some of the others. However, this is because these are the overall fan favorites that most casual and diehard fans like most.

I do appreciate the feedback. Listener comments play a great role in determining future playlists. Be sure to use the "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" feature to rate tracks that you do or do not like.

Beth C

Reaction score
I clicked the "Thumbs Up" sign on "A song from Kermit" every time it's on, but I still rarely get to hear that song. :frown:

Was that song ever released on a record or CD? It seems the ONLY place I can find it is on MCRadio.

~Beth C

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"A Song from Kermit" was never officially released. It did air on Sesame Street Unpaved episode #1056.

Beth C

Reaction score
Awwwwww........... that's not fun at all!

It's my favorite all time song. Now I gotta sit here with my tape player in front of my computer speakers, trying to catch it playing to put it on tape, to hook up the big radio to my computer, to make it a computer file, to burn it to a DVD to take with me in the car.

Whew. That's a HECK of a lot of work for one song. :eek:

*Grumbles about unreleased songs driving her nuts*

~Beth C

AAARRRHGGHGHGHGH!!! Wouldn't you know it??? IT'S PLAYING RIGHT NOW!!!!

Beth C

Reaction score
Name One. I'm out of suggestions.

~Beth C

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
This probably wouldnt be the place to discuss it but there are many ways of doing it. I havent tried them but I know they work, im a bit of an audiohead! especially with computer audio. I wouldnt want to get into trouble because I know its not allowed but it its possible to record anything that comes out of your computers soundcard. Live 365 radio isnt the best sound quality to start off with anyway (not CD quality) though, as good as it gets at the moment tho.