1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Bein Green vs. Rainbow Connection

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Anything Muppet, Nov 21, 2006.

?

Bein' Green vs. The Rainbow Connection

Poll closed Dec 23, 2006.
  1. Bein' Green

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. The Rainbow Connection

24 vote(s)
    68.6%

1. Pianogirl

Pianogirl Member

I have to say "Rainbow Connection" is tops. Not the meaning it has or the performances they gave, because they are both wonderful in that sense, but the musicianship used in the actual writing of the song is ideal in "Rainbow Connection". It is more melodic, layered, complex, and easier to listen to, whereas "Bein' Green" requires more attentive listening to follow where the song is going.

ElizaSchuyler and JimAndFrank like this.
  2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you with Rainbow Connection. The song is soft, sweet and easy on the ears as far as melody goes. For me Rainbow Connection just sums up everything the Muppet's aspire to be. They can be lovers, they dare to dream the impossible and they never exclude nor brush people off just because they're different.

Pianogirl likes this.
  3. StevieOpossum

StevieOpossum Active Member

"Bein' Green" is more sincere in it's delivery, but "Rainbow Connection" is grander and more epic in scale.
    I'm gonna go with "Bein' Green". :)

4. Janice+Floyd<3

Janice+Floyd<3 Well-Known Member

Def Rainbow connection all the way! Love that song :)

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I know I've already posted for Rainbow Connection, but the other day I was walking down the street and the most amazing thing happened. I walked into a gift shop and the first sound I heard was the banjo opening and I just had this sudden feeling that I walked in on something amazing. Of course it was just a gift shop, but the Rainbow Connection can catch you off guard like that. Wonderful song, it really is.

Janice+Floyd<3 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  6. FraggleLover130

FraggleLover130 Active Member

It's true. When you listen to pop radio, its all about doing stupid stuff and making bad decisions. There are like 5 good songs that I've heard. The media and pop culture are especially hard (in my opinion) on teenage girls. The main message is that you have to be a supermodel to be beautiful. The Muppets say you should be yourself, and we're all weirdos anyway. This is why the Muppets (and Fraggles, and Sesame Street characters) will forever be my best friends and role models.
    :)

7. Kristine73

Kristine73 Active Member

Such a difficult decision, especially because I love both songs. Having said that I will have to go with The Rainbow Connection. It just seems to suit not only Kermit but the whole Muppet outlook of dreaming, optimism and love.

8. lady piggy

lady piggy Well-Known Member

Hmm i would have to say Rainbow connection ,simply because i think it can apply to everyone . Where as Being Green seems like it has to do with a specific type of person. Both are very lovely songs ,but Rainbow connection just gets to me.<3

9. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Okay, looks as if I am going to have to change my answer a tad.

Bein' Green. Why? The song applies to those who can sometimes feel unhappy about themselves; just feeling as if they are just another soul in the world who can get looked over. It can apply to me, in the way where I have my moments where I wish that I was that celebrity or that girl in my school, when the truth is, I cannot be anyone else but myself. I can only be what I was meant to be. In Kermit's case, green was what he was born to be.

heralde and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  10. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

This is such a tough call. They both have really wonderful messages are equally timeless. I think I'd have to go with "Rainbow Connection," though. It's my favorite song. Whenever I'm feeling sad, that song just picks me right up. So that gets my vote.

11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

When I had my husband watch TMM with me, he looked at me during Rainbow Connection and said 'let's dance to this at our wedding'.

Indeed, it was our first dance. And it was wonderful. Still Rainbow Connection for me.

12. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

:(Why do you have to do this to me? They are both good songs, they have each been sung by Kermit half a dozen times, they are both performed by the awesomely awesome Jim Henson ( except for the time when Steve Whitmire sung it as Kermit), and they are both in their own right, good. But, my favorite has to be " Rainbow Connection"

13. Happy Haunt

Happy Haunt New Member

Both great songs, but I'm going to have to say 'Rainbow Connection'. No long explanation as to why, I guess I just prefer the lyrics.

14. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

Rainbow connection has a lot more emotion

15. FraggleLover130

FraggleLover130 Active Member

Oh man this is hard! I think that though Rainbow Connection has a lot of meaning for me personally and I love it, it has to be Being Green. It's kinda one of the first songs associated with Kermit, you know? It's an inspiration to all the misfits out there. Rainbow Connection is inspiring to dreamers, which is more applicable to me, but it is a beautiful thing to make people feel included.
    :)

16. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

Rainbow Connection-What a lovely song!

17. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

It is a good one!

18. Muppetjente

Muppetjente Well-Known Member

I like Rainbow Connection better because it's my favourite song