1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bein Green vs. Rainbow Connection

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Anything Muppet, Nov 21, 2006.

?

Bein' Green vs. The Rainbow Connection

Poll closed Dec 23, 2006.
Bein' Green 11 vote(s) 31.4%
The Rainbow Connection 24 vote(s) 68.6%

1. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Huh?:confused:
  2. Super Scooter New Member

Just imagining the pope's reaction to your constant phoning. I imagine he's much like old man Jenkins of Scooby-Doo fame.
  3. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Ohhhhh. (chuckles)
  4. alsc New Member

My vote

Rainbow Connection. Always been special to me.
  5. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I'm amazed at how much higher the votes were for The Rainbow Connection; I expected it would win, but not by that large of a margin.
  6. Super Scooter New Member

Yeah, I mean, Bein' Green is a wonderful song, I love it, but I still prefer Rainbow Connection. I'm actually surprised it won for Kermit's "theme"... or whatever we were voting for.
  7. heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah, I still think that Bein' Green is actually Kermit's theme, even if Rainbow Connection is the better song.
  8. BEAR Active Member

Yeah, I'm still sticking with "Bein' Green" as Kermit's theme, especially after knowing how close Jim Henson really was to that song, himself. I understand it was very personal to him.
  9. Fozzie Bear Moderator

You know, when it comes down to it--regardless of the opinions expressed in this thread--both of the songs equally fit Kermit, both by his self-acknowledgement and that which inspires him and us. It's not easy bein' green, but if we keep following that rainbow connection nothing is impossible.
  10. Frogster Active Member

RC all the way... and no I'm not talking about the soda.
  11. Pork Active Member

definately Rainbow Connection. I love that song.
  12. zeekeroo New Member

answer

RAinbow connection hands down it is just alot funner to listen to and watch in "green" different backdrops come down (well at least on the Muppet Show I don't know about Sesame Street ) "Bein Green" is good but rainbow connection is better
  13. BEAR Active Member

It's "funner" huh? Haha!;)

Well...I still remind everyone of the initial question: What is Kermit's theme? NOT What is your favorite song?
  14. Pork Active Member

Ah. Well in that case I would have to say being Green. It's more about Kermit himself.
  15. PhsychoChimp New Member

Oy! What about Listen to the Heart of a Frog! XD
    I don't really like Easy Being Green.... I loved RainBow Connection though... Especially when Debby Harry helped sing it.
  16. travellingpat Active Member

rainbow connection definately!
  17. heralde Well-Known Member

I just got finished watching The Muppet at Walt Disney World Again. I'm even more convinced that "Bein Green" is more Kermit's personal theme. Kermit gets to sing "Rainbow Connection" with Raven-Symone, no problem. But when he attempts to sing "Bein Green" because it's a classic "swamp song", everyone groans and tells him to give it a rest!

So since the original question was, "What is Kermit's theme?" I think that answers the question for me. :)
  18. ffolke New Member

They are both equally good.
  19. BEAR Active Member

Yes, they are. But the question is...which is Kermit's theme? WHich song represents him? Which song is most closely identified with Kermit?
  20. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I'd think bein' green.