Being A Muppet Artist!

Monster

Reaction score
I occasionally get the chance to post here- I love to visit Muppet Central. I work for Sesame Workshop and I like to share stories of things that happen to me as a result of living my DREAM to work for Sesame Street- this year will be my tenth year full time!

This will be brief- I will try to expand on this if there is any interest.

I was directing a photo shoot of Elmo at his Elmo's World piano for our library of photographs. I was having just a blast... then I noticed who had come into the photo studio... Jane Henson and her and Jim's daughter Heather! I absolutely LOVE Jane! She treats me almost like a son... and it is an honor to have her observe my directing...

... but when i came out from the set to check the shot on the computer screen I had the vision of seeing Mrs. Henson sitting in a chair and Heather standing next to her... they were just watching me! And they both had big smiles on their faces! It was just a dream! Having the woman that started it all with Jim Henson and one of their children... just there to watch me work.

Wow!

Last Friday I had to direct a photo shoot for the Northern Ireland coproduction of Sesame Street. Heather came on her own that day. I had to make sure and do one group shot befire the end of the day so I put them all together- heads touching side byside, including the Slimey-like worm duo. Then I heard right behind me, "Oh, my goodness... that is So sweet!" It was Heather Henson... she was crying from the pose I set up of the N. Ireland Muppets! Jim Henson's daughter was crying over one of my shots!

Just a dream! I NEVER take what I get to do for granted!

Thanks for letting me share!:insatiable:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Louis! My friend, what an AMAZING story--as all of your stories tend to be. :wink: That's SO cool. Jane and Heather Henson fawning over your work... You really are living the dream and I am so incredibly envious! Just amazing. Hope all is well with you and yours (it must be based on that story alone). Take care, my friend!

~ Ryan Dosier

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Great story, Louis!

The Hensons are such lovely people. I got to talk with Cheryl Henson online very briefly a while back. She was so nice.

Fool of Ideas

Reaction score
& it was a great photo too!

We're about to start our second season later this year.

It really is living a dream! I feel so lucky!

mk