Being Able To Print Toys At Home? Future Is Here

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So... let's say I wanted to print my dead bunny Tommie, or my dream girl, or Jim Henson...? :confused:
That would imply the ability to replicate a soul, which is a whole other ballgame. :wink:

But maybe that's where the Star Trek holodeck could come in!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That would imply the ability to replicate a soul, which is a whole other ballgame. :wink:

But maybe that's where the Star Trek holodeck could come in!
Details, details, always details. :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't read the article yet, but this whole thing sounds like a belated april fools joke to me.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
3d printers have been around for awhile and a lot of toy manufactures use them to make tests... I think one of our local schools has one for shop class...it really just makes a 3d mold of something that has been scanned or created on the computer...never seen one actually working but this is how I've heard it described

Drtooth

Reaction score
But then anyone can just print a rare action figure...
I'm sure there's a tell. You can't just print a comic on old paper and pass it off as an original edition. Someone will get caught.

Plus, I'm sure the tech is so expensive right now, it just couldn't pay for itself unless you flood the market.

Still, the implications for stop motion animation... look at the trailer of Paranorman...

My Frog... that's so slick it almost looks like CGI. And this very same technology is being put into use here.... AMAZING!

Heck with action figures, THIS is where it can do the most good.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*wears my JP hat*

A 3-D printer is the creator of the MacGuffin for the 3rd Jurassic Park movie. Like it's been noted, the concept is at least several years old if not more.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
oh this looks cool a 3d figure printer so many ideas especially a monkey who is a sidekick of a green man :wink: looks like the future is here

Convincing John

Reaction score
If these scanners were made available to everyone who has the internet, combined with the popularity of Beaker among die hard fans and casual fans across the internet, we ALL know what's going to happen, don't we?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with people like Trekkie Monster. :stick_out_tongue:

Convincing John

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with people like Trekkie Monster. :stick_out_tongue:
Yeah, that would be pretty bad! Lol! I guess I was thinking about our neck of the internet where we sing a slightly different tune..."the internet is for Beaker, the internet is for Beaker! Who's that with Muppet Labs' steam-powered sneakers? Beaker! Beaker! Beaker!"