Being John Malkovich

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has seen the movie "Being John Malkovich" If you have seen it did you like it? I am only asking this as I recomend it to anyone who hasnt seen it, its very weird but it does make you think more about puppetry, I now think that our brains are puppeteers controlling our whole body so we are actually puppets, lol.

You have to see the movie to understand, its pretty weird.

:smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I saw it and liked it; I bought the DVD, too. Very interesting and artsy film.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I've seen it and loved it.
I just love weird movies, the get ones thoughts rolling.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I hated it the first time I saw it on video but when I bought the DVD, which is pretty stupid to do when you hate a movie, lol ( I got it because of the puppets) I loved it on the DVD.

I like weird movies too, I like more unusual movies more than the big blockbusters, if someone says a movie is really a dud, that makes me want to go and see it or buy the DVD, lol.

:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
BJM is one of those very special, unique films that only come around once in a great while. I believe 1999 was such a rare film year, as it had so many cool films that really made you think or did something unique.
1999: Being John Malkovich, The Matrix, Fight Club, The Insider, The Straight Story, Three Kings, Eyes Wide Shut, Blair Witch, heck even Muppets From Space had its moments.

I just like how 3am stream of conscious BJM was...
AND, I have always put in my vote for Spike Jonze to direct the next Muppet film. He has that quirky creative vision that would so work.
Anyone seen his newer film Adaptation? It even partially takes place in Being John Malkovich.