1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Below The Frame: New SST behind the scenes series with the Muppeteers

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Pig's Laundry, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    MikaelaMuppet and Schfifty like this.
  2. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

That was really amazing! I liked seeing the cast photo with those young Muppeteers and Marty's how-to on the bats and butterflies, as well as Slimey. Also neat to hear he was one of the operators in "The Batty Bat."

I think this is a fantastic idea, and I'm looking forward to the next video (Prairie Dawn reporting should be interesting!).

MikaelaMuppet and Pig's Laundry like this.
  3. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Well looks like Eric took over Joey's head of the two-headed monster.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

How do you switch to the new profile design? I've been asking for months and can't figure it out!

5. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  6. jobi71

jobi71 Active Member

I am enjoying these a lot. I am not sure if they have a formula yet per se, but I like how in both of the videos we get some Muppets, some non-Muppet related questions and a mini interview with a crew member that we fans may only know as a name in the credits. Also there is music. Also everyone seems to be having fun, and finally I think it was Matt in this second video who said something like "We'll keep filming until they call us back from lunch." So all these folks are also giving up 15 minutes or so of their lunch break. I hope these become a regular bit in 2017.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  7. Pig's Laundry

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I can't ever get these dang videos to play. :mad:

9. Pig's Laundry

For some reason, whenever I post one of Facebook's videos on the forum the videos keep disappearing and coming back.

10. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Pig's Laundry, just wanna answer your question on one of the Facebook videos. You asked if Joe Hennes of ToughPigs can go to Sesame whenever he wants. You probably didn't know this, but he's an employee of Sesame Workshop. http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_Hennes

MikaelaMuppet and Pig's Laundry like this.
  11. Pig's Laundry

Ah, come to think of it, I do actually remember hearing that he worked there a couple of years ago, but totally forgot. Anyways, thanks for solving that for me, I didn't realize you saw my comment.

12. Pig's Laundry

13. antsamthompson9

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  14. Pig's Laundry

Ken Scarborough seems like a genuinely funny and nice guy. Of course he'll never have that close relationship that Joey had with the cast, with him being a puppeteer and director and all, but so far we haven't seen any negative side effects from him taking over. Definitely miss Joey's sense of humor though, both as a performer and a writer.

15. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

16. antsamthompson9

I'm kinda disappointed Peter went to the Center for Puppetry Arts a few months ago and I wasn't aware of it, cause I've been working there since 2015.

17. Pig's Laundry

Great stuff! I always love hearing these stories, they're very inspiring.

I once heard a story about Peter. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but, someone claims that they're father went to high school with Peter. At one point Peter stopped showing up to school for several weeks. None of his classmates knew where he was, so rumors started circulating that Peter had died!
    Turns out, Peter was fine; he was just in his house practicing his puppeteering.

18. antsamthompson9

19. antsamthompson9

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  20. antsamthompson9

MikaelaMuppet likes this.