Benefit Featuring Muppet Prizes

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
Hi. I wasn't quite sure what thread to put this in, so I'll put it here. I'm putting on a benefit Comedy Music show to raise money for an Animal Rescue in the name of my friend Jamie Levine who was killed in January when the plane she was on crashed into Lake Erie.

The event is on March 23, Jamie's Birthday, and the evening will include a raffle during which a Fozzie Bear prize pack will be given away. This was donated by The Jim Henson Company/Disney for this event. I've included the press release below, but you can check out:

http://www.throwingtoasters.com/jamie

for more info.

I hope this post isn't considered a commercial, I just didn't know where to put it and I thought some folks here might be interested. If there's a better location for this post, please move it.

Thank you for your time,

Grant

A TRIBUTE TO JAMIE LEVINE TO BENEFIT ANIMAL PLACE

On January 17, 2004, a small plane crashed into the frozen waters of Lake Erie, killing all 10 people and two dogs who were on board. Among those killed was 28 year old Jamie Levine. Jamie was a Southern California resident who had been known for her legendary kindness, her infectious laugh and her never ending desire to help all those around her. On March 23rd, 2004 this extraordinary young woman would have turned 29. To celebrate her life and honor her memory that night, several of those who knew her are organizing an night of Comedy Music in her honor to raise money for Animal Place, a nonprofit sanctuary for abused and discarded farm animals, that Jamie contributed to.

“There are no words that can erase the sadness that those who knew her feel,” says event organizer Grant Baciocco. “What we’re going to try and do is put on a night of comedy music that she would love to have attended.” Baciocco was a friend of Jamie Levine and they were dating when he began performing his comedy music act, Throwing Toasters.

“Jamie used to love to come to comedy music shows and just laugh and laugh. Hopefully, we’ll be able to honor that laugh of hers with this event.”

Baciocco’s act Throwing Toasters will headline the evening of comedy music. Also scheduled to perform are comedy bands Hot Waffles and raymond & scum who Jamie watched often when they began their careers.

Also on the bill will be former members of a political comedy folk group that Jamie was a huge fan of, The Foremen. Roy Zimmerman, former leader of The Foremen will be performing songs from his upcoming two CD set “Homeland” and “Security”. Andy Corwin, former bass player of The Foremen, will be performing some of the original material he’s written since the group parted ways a few years ago. These are all acts that Jamie had laughed with over the years.

Comedian/Juggler Michael Rayner will serve as the evening's MC

In addition to the comedy music, there will be an raffle of items to help raise even more money for Animal Place. Among these prizes will be original artwork by Robin Blinde, who was one of Jamie’s very best friends, CDs from some of the artists at the event, a rare bottle of wine and a Fozzie Bear Prize Pack donated by the Jim Henson Comany. More prizes will be announced as we get closer to the event.

The night will start at 8:00 PM on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 at the World Famous Ice House in Pasadena, CA, in the Annex Room. Event tickets are available for a $10 Suggested donation at the web site set up to honor Jamie:

Early reservations of tickets are recommended as the room only hold 65 people and this event will sell out. All proceeds from the donations and raffle will go directly to Animal Place. The Ice House does require a two drink minimum for all audience members.

EVENT DETAILS:
A Tribute To Jamie Levine To Benefit Animal Place
Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 8:00 PM
The World Famous Ice House
In The Annex Room
24 N. Mentor Ave - Pasadena, CA
$10 Suggested Donation (All Proceeds Go To The Charity) - 2 Drink Min.
Online Ticket Reservations Can Be Made At:
Phone Reservations Can Be Made At: (818) 846-8401

www.throwingtoasters.com/jamie

Luke

Reaction score
I hope it goes well. So what is in a Fozzie Bear Prize Pack ?