Benjamina Gunn and Hispaniola Playset Customs

Yoda Man

Reaction score
I think this is my first custom post in this section. I've done tons of Buffy, Angel, and Charmed customs, but this is my first Muppet custom. Firstly, let me say that I love MTI. I was so sad we only got the 3 figures. Well, technically 5, but that's still not enough. I also would have loved the Hispaniola playset that was planned, so I'm making that playset as well as a Benjamina Gunn and hopefully a Trelawney later on. What do you think of Piggy? I haven't boiled her yet, so she's still changeable. Feel free to speak up before it's too late. I used a S1 Piggy as the recipe.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6081/pre1copykk9.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9955/pre2copyye1.jpg

Next is the Hispaniola playset. This is far from done. The scale is a tad off, but I wanted to make it the way that looked best with the figures. I still need to add the other stairs, the mast, the wheel, etc. etc. As for the basic structure, I plan to add the side of the ship to the right side, but leave the left side open so it's visually more appealing. I also plan to add the exterior of the captain's quarters, but it won't be usable to put figures in.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5855/pre1copyrh3.jpg
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9043/pre2copyhn7.jpg

I'd love to hear any comments

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Unsure why the captain's quarters should be included if it won't be useable by/for the figures. Maybe a sort of closed wall with a permanently non-openable door like the ones from the Backstage playset would be better. Can't rully comment on the visual aspect of your customs due to my blind batty eyes, but I'll be rully interested in the finished product. You could've used an extra First Mate Piggy though. Oh well I'm interested in the final results of this bold new project from you Yoda.
Also, you've done tons of Charmed customs? Like what? Would be interested to know just who or what creatures and the size/scale of them.

Luke

Reaction score
wow - thats the best looking Piggy i have seen, ever. If only Palisades S1 would have actually looked like that. You are very talented!

Telly

Reaction score
I applaud anyone that makes customs! I wish I had the time, patience, and talent to even attempt them! So far I'd say Benjamina looks pretty good! I'm anx

Yoda Man

Reaction score
I finished Benjamina :smile:. I plan to find her a boa and I may make her aardvark as well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I say go for it and make Flaubert as well. So, is this a static statue custom figure? Or does it retain any articulation? If so, what points does it stll have? Would you consider making other figures as customs? Cause I'm always lookin'...

Yoda Man

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah, I say go for it and make Flaubert as well. So, is this a static statue custom figure? Or does it retain any articulation? If so, what points does it stll have? Would you consider making other figures as customs? Cause I'm always lookin'...
Partially static. I prefer for my customs to retain as much articulation as possible, so I did what I could for Piggy. She still has articulation in her shoulder, biceps, and the one elbow that originally had articulation. However her neck and leg articulation is gone. But I took extra care in the sculpting so that Piggy stands on her own without a base. And yes, I'm up for making any customs. Just haven't had many ideas outside of Miss Piggy and Wizard of Oz. If I get the parts, I plan to make Moulin Scrooge Piggy, TMM Piggy, WOZ Piggy Fozzie and Rizzo, as well as Fozziewig and Trelawney. I just don't know how easy it will be to get the parts, with the line dead and all.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hubba-Hubba, Benjamina!

... er, I mean... *ahem* your custom made Benjamina Gunn action figure looks very professional in it's build...... *drool*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... If you made it so she can stand without a base, that's a big plus in my book. The customizer I told you about is a true wizard, he takes the figure completely apart, does the customizing sculptwork, does the paint job needed, and then he puts the whole thing back together again so that the new figure retains almost all of the original articulation.

Oh, and if you're stuck for ideas... Just drop me a line and we can talk. Posted some Charmed ideas in the CMX thread... Here are a few Muppet ones I'd rully like to see.
The brown shirted Lips could be used to make Beard from JHH.
The Solid Foam's Female Drummer could be made from an extra Janice, repaint or regular release. (Though I plan on the repaint, so the repaint's guitar can be given to Beard).
The little lava lamp that comes with Lips could be the Koozbanian Spoobol.
Was thinking of using Zoot Repaint for Flash also from JHH, so that way Zoot has the golden sax and Flash has the silver one to further distinguish each.
Not sure what figure(s) could be used to make Digit though.
And from the fanfics, my #1 want would be an extra Uncle Deadly turned into Auntie Eleanor. Reference ReneeLouvier's Sadies Stories or talk to her to know the character of which I speak.

Hope these help, talk to you soon.