Benny Rabbit's Biography

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Does anybody else besides me remember Benny Rabbit's very first apperance from the 1989-1990 Season? I remember The Great Blackini (A short lived grouch magician) was putting on a magic show in front of Oscar's Trash Can. One of his tricks he made a Rabbit come out of his hat. He came out and the Great Blackini said "there you have it I have pulled a Bunny Rabbit out of my hat" and he shouted "Don't call me Bunny! The name's Benny!" For the first time ever. Oscar then said something like "Hey, that's a grouch Rabbit!" I think originally Benny was supposed to be a Grouch Rabbit who was associated with Oscar and the other Grouches on Sesame Street. Apparantley the writers had second thoughts cause after this, they never showed him with Oscar again and made him an Ocasional guest on the show during the next few years Once with Polly Darton in an insert, and another time with Gabi showing her the difference between front and back. Then in Season 25 he became a Bellhop at the Furry Arms Hotel. In 1998 when the Furry Arms Hotel closed Down. Benny became an unemployed Bunny, and managed to find a few small jobs on Sesame Street since then. Poor Benny. :cry:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
He wasn't exactly unemployed for long. He had a somewhat-starring role in "Bert and Ernie's Word Play".

P.S.: Could you describe the Great Blackini a bit more? (Mainly, what does he look like?)

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Wow, it's been years since Iv'e seen the great Blackini. But I'll do my best to describe him. He was a Grey Colored Grouch who wore a tattered old Magicians Cap and a Tattered old Magician's suit, and had A Broken Magic Wand. I guess they wanted to have a Mumford for Grouches but it just simply didn't work :frown: :grouchy:

Xerus

Reaction score
SCOOTER_101 said:
Wow, it's been years since Iv'e seen the great Blackini. But I'll do my best to describe him. He was a Grey Colored Grouch who wore a tattered old Magicians Cap and a Tattered old Magician's suit, and had A Broken Magic Wand. I guess they wanted to have a Mumford for Grouches but it just simply didn't work :frown: :grouchy:
I believe he was called the Great BLECH-INI. And he was voiced by Jim Martin.