Bert and Ernie at the movies.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
As far as I know, there were 4 sketches that had Bert and Ernie at the movies:
  1. Ernie was making too much noise eating his food and Bert lost his temper with him. Finally an usher came and dragged Bert out.
  2. The movie was having an advise effect on Ernie's emotions and the other people in the theatre got annoyed. Finally it ended with Bert and the others having a terrible argument.
    (According to Muppet Wiki, this one appears to have been first shown in Ep#666. If so, how apt, as it was a devilish skit for poor Bert!)
  3. Then there was the one where a woman wearing a tall hat sat in front of Ernie and blocked his view. After Ernie trys to change places with Bert and sit on his lap, Bert tells Ernie to ask the lady to remove her hat, which she does. The bad news is, she puts it in front of Bert!
  4. Finally there is the only one where Ernie does not create a disterbence. (sp?) Aside from spilling popcorn over Bert's lap (before the movie begins). It's also the only one where we the viewers see the movie playing. (A Charlie Chaplinesque short called The Picnic). Bert creates one though when he gets excited and talks too loudly, prompting everyone (including Ernie) to tell him to shush.

BillKal

Reaction score
I remember the one about emotions -- it had Guy Smiley sitting behind Ernie with someone else's voice (not Jim Henson's voice)...and that scary organ music.

All because of this skit...I used to be scared of Guy Smiley in this sketch because of his voice saying "Do You Mind"?? It used to freak me out when I was little....I'd have bad dreams about Guy Smiley/Prince Charming.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember 2 and 3 out of the four you mentioned. I don't believe I've ever seen the other two, but they sound interesting.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I remember 2 and 3 out of the four you mentioned. I don't believe I've ever seen the other two, but they sound interesting.
I last saw the first one when I was 9. Perhaps it was pulled around about then. The fourth one seems very recent though.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember that scene where Ernie spilled popcorn on Bert's lap.

BERT: "It was buttered too!" :frown:

Sunrise

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I remember that scene where Ernie spilled popcorn on Bert's lap.

BERT: "It was buttered too!" :frown:

ERNIE: "Well, yeah, Bert. It tastes better that way."

Funnily enough, this line is the only thing I remember out of that sketch, although I remember the other three vividly.

Censored

Reaction score
Sunrise said:
ERNIE: "Well, yeah, Bert. It tastes better that way."

Funnily enough, this line is the only thing I remember out of that sketch, although I remember the other three vividly.
The funniest dialogue was at the end when Ernie asked Bert what his favorite part was and Bert replies that it was the fly scene. Bert then asks Ernie what his favorite part was and Ernie replies, "My favorite part was when I spilled popcorn all over you." Bert walks away saying, "You disappoint me, Ernie." Ernie follows saying, "Well, you asked me what my favorite part was."

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I remember seeing the first three.I didn't know there was a fourth one.:stick_out_tongue: :frown: