Bert and Ernie's Greatest Moments

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Teankun said:
They already did a "best" for VHS, but it did not have some of my favorites (including either counting sheep). So, we fans should make a list of our favorite scenes to make a difinitve collectrion.
Yes there was a VHS of "the best of", but it was quite lame. It had only eight (8) skits/songs and was only a 30-minute program (some of which was eaten up by the "introductions" of skits by Gina and Big Bird). And it really missed many of the great quality and classic skits. It was a nice thought but horribly done (in my opinion), I mean they could have made it at least an hour (as long as a regular Sesame episode) and have at least 16+ skits/songs.

Teankun

Reaction score
I think the main problem is that it was part of a series af tapes, which like many others put out by many other companies, was mainly to keep pre-schoolers occupied for about half an hour, not for fans to celebrate nostaga

Speaking of nostalga, would the skit where Bert ends up talking like Cookie Monster be a good addition?

hooperdusty

Reaction score
It's funny, but when I got a DVD-burner, a compilation of my favorite Ernie and Bert skits was one of my first projects.

I included "Doin' the Pigeon", the "Fishy-fishy" sequence, Ernie's string around the finger, Ernie's "Chocolate ice cream" sketch, the "dripping faucet" sketch, various ones where Ernie messes up the apartment, "The National Association of W Lovers", the lady with the tall hat at the movies, Ernie eats loud snacks at the movies, Bert's purple hand, among others. It runs about 2 hrs, and if anybody wants a direct copy, I can do it. Or if they have special requests, I can manage that as well, as long as I have that particular clip.

HooperDusty

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
hooperdusty said:
It's funny, but when I got a DVD-burner, a compilation of my favorite Ernie and Bert skits was one of my first projects.

I included "Doin' the Pigeon", the "Fishy-fishy" sequence, Ernie's string around the finger, Ernie's "Chocolate ice cream" sketch, the "dripping faucet" sketch, various ones where Ernie messes up the apartment, "The National Association of W Lovers", the lady with the tall hat at the movies, Ernie eats loud snacks at the movies, Bert's purple hand, among others. It runs about 2 hrs, and if anybody wants a direct copy, I can do it. Or if they have special requests, I can manage that as well, as long as I have that particular clip.

HooperDusty
Wow, that's really awesome! HooperDusty, please contact me (either PM or E-mail), I have some questions about this compilation. It really sould like a cool project!

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
hooperdusty said:

HooperDusty
I'm interested as well. Please e-mail me for more details(dgranter@yahoo.com) or PM me.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Bert & Ernie moments on SS

1. Banana in my ear
  2. The Blackout
  3. Ernie eats cookies in bed
  4. Rubber Duckie
  5. Ernie breaks the cookie jar
  6. Ernie puts away his fire engine
  7. Ernie puts away his toys
  8. Ernie can't sleep,counts: sheep/fire engines/balloons
  9. Doin' the Pigeon
  10. Bert showing off his bottle cap collection
  11. Ernie & his invisible ice-cream cone
  12. Would you like to buy an O? Ernie & Lefty
  13. Don't want to live on the moon
  14. National Association of 'W' Lovers
  15. Put Down the Duckie
  16. Do da rubber duck
  17. Ernie's snowman
  18. Ernie & Bert go fishing
  19. Dr. Livingston I presume?
  20. Ernie & Bert in the tomb
  21. Ernie's sculpture of Bert
  22. Ernie's painting of Bert
  23. Bert plays checkers with pigeon
  24. Ernie gets a dog
  25. Imagination
  26. Imagine That
  27. Bert is asleep/Now he's awake
  28. La la la...
  29. Dance Myself to Sleep
  30. But I Like You
  31. D(Dee Dee Dee)

TashAndMe

Reaction score
I like the one where Ernie was trying to make a shopping list but couldn't find a pen or pencil, so he ended up using a paint brush and chocolate pudding. Another of my favorites was where Ernie put the volume control from the radio and put it on Bert. Those were funny skits.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Here's my list:

1. Cookies in the sugar bowl, sugar in the flower pot... tropical fish in the cowboy hat, saucepan on Bert's head.

2. Chocolate ice cream made from: mashed bananas with ice cubes and gravy on top. Oscar guest stars.

3. Where Cookie Monster (actually Beautiful Day Monster) wears Ernie's shirt and toupee, and even laughs like Ernie while stealing cookies.

4. "Hi Bert it's time for our checker game! I'm here!"

5. Ernie takes a bath with a: bar of soap, washcloth, rubber ducky, flashlight, umbrella, but not Bert's bowling ball.

6. Ernie over-prepares to walk over to Mr. Hooper's store to get a newspaper. Requests bubble gum in case of bears.

7. Ernie counting sheep, fire engines, and balloons.

8. Ernie preparing to visit the laundromat, filling the laundry basket with junk. (Taped in Ernie's bedroom.)

9. E and B blow a fuse, literally.

10. Watching TV in a big chair, where Herry guest starred. "A dinosaur escaped from the museum, and ran right into your bedroom!"

11. "THIS IS VERY QUIET!!"

12. Unflavored soda water turning into an ice-cream soda.

13. The trilogy of Ernie's Barber Shop.

14. Ernie makes shapes with a chain, then casually transforms it into a bologna sandwich.

15. Ernie opens the surprise present for Bert's Aunt Matilda.

There was one obscure E+B routine from the distant past that I liked, but the only detail I remember is that it involved a hot water bottle. I think Bert said something like "...don't put a hot water BOWL on me..."

MuppetDude

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
6. Ernie over-prepares to walk over to Mr. Hooper's store to get a newspaper. Requests bubble gum in case of bears.

12. Unflavored soda water turning into an ice-cream soda.
Could you explain these a bit more? I've never heard of them.