Bert and Ernie's Word Play review

Ryan

Reaction score
I thought at first this, like the MTI dvd, would be terrible. It seemed like a chaeply made video release . But once again, I've been proved wrong.

The show features classic characters, such as Prarie Dawn, Benny Bunny (Both prominently) Kermit (Yes you read right, Kermit ) in a t - shirt buying sketch from the mid 70's (The shirts all spell "Frog" wrong, you remember it ;0) and Cookie, as well as a cameo by Griver, brilliantly performed by Eric Jacobson. The show also has 2 new characters, Flo (Stephanie D'Abruzzio) and Mo (Steve Whitmire) , stage hands who eventually bring down the house.
Also, Cookie Monster sings a great little song.

Of course, like any SS video release, parts of the show are Elmofied, but not so much that he is annoying in the special. He is very funny in this show, along with Zoe.

Bert and Ernie, along with their friends, attempt to put on a play about their favorite words. (go, slippery, sticky, stop, cookie amigo, etc) But when the final act cancels, Ho Ho and his Flying Pie Act, Prarie Dawn is left auditioning new acts, such as singing pigs, dancing barber shop quartet penguins, etc. But.......

S P O I L E R: IF YOU WANT TO BE SUPRISED, DO N O T READ THIS!!!!!!
KEEP SCROLLING UNTIL YOU SEE :0) SYMBOL!!

Flo and Mo reveal they were originally singers. But their high note singer moved to Florida, so of course, Elmo is brought into the mix. The finale is a poppy-music-semi-quasi-fun musical number (Mo's hair is spiked! LOL)

:0)
Overall, Steve and Eric do a great job. But I can notice Steve is slipping on the voice. It's a little too "Steve". Eric is proggressing with Bert.

So, in short, I really liked this tape.