Bert & Ernie Singalong Album

suziejacuzzi

Reaction score
anyone know where i could find a copy of this classic album on cd?

it's the one where poor old bert is trying to take a nice relaxing bath, and of course ernie has to come in when he hears bert singing...next thing you know, all of sesame street is in the bathroom singing along!

i love oscar's contribution:
"i'll give you a song, that i think is tops...
if you keep up this racket, i'm callin' the cops!" :grouchy:

it has always been my favorite, but i can't locate it anywhere. :-(

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can currently hear some of the songs from this classic record on Muppet Central Radio. The 1975 LP has never been released to CD but hopefully someday it will.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml

Actually, the remaining songs from this album will be added to our radio rotation on Monday March 1. You may want to be listening for that.

Censored

Reaction score
Also, check the record sections of your local thrift stores regularly. It can be tedious because the thrift stores usually have their records in no type of order and you have to look through each one, but it can really pay off. I have a large Sesame Street album collection that all came from the thrift stores.

FuzzyBlue71

Reaction score
Check out ebay too!

Although I'd love to have that album on CD, I picked it up on ebay on LP and have been enjoying it since. There are at least two up for bids now, it you're interested in LPs that is.

Good Luck

suziejacuzzi

Reaction score
muppet central radio

Is it possible to download the songs there?

I have the original LP I got for my 6th birthday....but it's real hard to play the record in my car!! :zany:

FuzzyBlue71

Reaction score
Not sure how to...

Wish I knew how to - I can only transfer my beloved Sesame records to cassette.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I wish I could help you out on this, but I just wanted to say that this is an awesome album! My mom got us a record player for Christmas, and I've been listening to all of my old Sesame Street records. The first song on this record (on my copy) is kind of scratched and jumpy--when I was little, I didn't have the manual dexterity to put the needle down gently enough. I'm glad the same track is also on "At Home with Ernie and Bert."

Anyway, good luck transferring the album to CD!

FuzzyBlue71

Reaction score
"when I was little, I didn't have the manual dexterity to put the needle down gently enough...."

Same here - I had to replace a lot of my favorite albums, but thankfully ebay is there to offer up these gems. Wouldn't it be nice to get them on CDs one day? Having those albums and every Sesame Street episode is an old dream of mine :smile: :frown:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
suziejacuzzi said:
anyone know where i could find a copy of this classic album on cd?

it's the one where poor old bert is trying to take a nice relaxing bath, and of course ernie has to come in when he hears bert singing...next thing you know, all of sesame street is in the bathroom singing along!

i love oscar's contribution:
"i'll give you a song, that i think is tops...
if you keep up this racket, i'm callin' the cops!" :grouchy:

it has always been my favorite, but i can't locate it anywhere. :-(
now i rememeber the TV version of it. of course it was so long ago can't remember exactly what happened. gee i wisd noggin or even PBS would show the old show at least once in while. maybe it be nice to wtach them on the computer. just type in SS and an episode from a certain year and watch.