Best Alphabet Sketches

dietrich

Reaction score
I'm having trouble choosing the all time best sketches for each letter. Some are songs, while some are cartoons. If anyone can fill in the blanks let me hear from you.

1. A-
2. B-Beetles-Letter B
3. C-Cookie Monster-C Is For Cookie
4. D-Ernie & Cookie Monster- Dee, Dee, Dee
5. E-
6. F-
7. G-Oh G (Why I Love That Letter)
8. H-
9. I-We All Live In A Capital I
10. J-Biff & Sully-This Is My J
11. K-
12. L-Bert & Ernie- La, La, La
13. M-Herry & Cookie-MMM Monster Meal
14. N-Lower Case N
15. O-Would You Like To Buy An O
16. P-Newsflash: Piper’s Pickled Peppers
17. Q-
18. R-Alphabet Chat: R
19. S-
20. T-
21. U-Ethel Mermaid-I Get A Kick Out of U
22. V-
23. W-Dragnet Parody: W
24. X-Mystery Guest (X)
25. Y-
26. Z-Zig Zag

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, here are a few to help you out.
E, the song performed by Guy Smiley at the Letter of the Day pageant.
Q, the Q Questions Song with Grover and a little AM girl.
S, The Sound of the Letter S sung by the original Sammy the Snake.
K, the animated bit where the Pink Panther demonstrates K with his karate chops.
Y, Don't Know Y Didn't Come sung by Nora Jones from Season 35.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And of course the most memorable one was Big Bird's famous song, "ABC-DEF-GHI-JKLMN-OPQR-STU-WXYZ, it's the most remarkable word I've ever seen!"

Al Hempker

Reaction score
There's a B&E skit on the letter Q where they count to 10 saying Q after the number. Ernie starts with 1Q and Bert says 2Q and they go until Bert says 10Q, as in Thank You.

There's an E cartoon done way back where it ends with an eagle flying off into a sunset with an e. Probably done within the first 5 seasons.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I like the one you chose for the letter "U" but I also always loved the one where Smokey Robinson sings "U Really Got a Hold On Me" with the letter "U".

Wasn't there a skit for the letter V where it's flying through space and ends up places and makes words like Violets (my memory is REALLY foggy on this one, but I can here a sort of superman type voice saying "V")

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You're probably thinking of two different segments Beth. The one you're mainly remembering is one they did for the letters M, V, and Z. It was a giant polished letter flying through space, until it finally landed on the surface of a desolate planetoid. The background voice kept saying the letter until it landed on the planet's terrain.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks Count, you're right! I figured out the other one I was thinking of is about a girl named Violet who plants a V and it grows Vines and she ends up climbing up it. So, in my head I was confusing the two segments! Either of them would work for "V".