Best DVD ever

HPDJ

Reaction score
What is the best DVD that you have ever had/rented/watched? You must consider extras, sound, the film, picture quality and so on. For me it's a tie between DIE ANOTHER DAY and BACK TO THE FUTURE BOXSET.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Oooh, hard question! This means I've got to pick from my 120. I guess I'll have to make a Top 10 list! Be advised, I'm rating this on the quality of the DVD (features, 5.1 track, etc.) and not the film itself.

In no order:
1) Amadeus: Director's Cut
2) Aladdin: Platinum Edition
3) Penn & Teller: BS! Season 1
4) Back to the Future Box (II is the best disc)
5) El Mariachi Special Edition
6) Brian Wilson Presents Smile
7) The Terminal 3-Disc Collector's Edition
8) Phantom of the Opera: 2-Disc Special Edition
9) Mr. Bean Boxset
10) The Stepford Wives

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My homemade season sets of Courage the Cowardly Dog! Well, I haven't quite gotten those put together just yet, so, I'm going to say the best DVD's are the season sets of Rocky and Bullwinkle, cuz R&B's season 1 was the very first DVD I ever got.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I'll list some of the dvds I've watched or own,that are my favorites(no particular order to these).They were chosen for quality,features &/or overall dvdness:

• Godfather 1 & 2
  • Amadeus
  • Ghostbusters
  • Jaws
  • Galaxy Quest
  • Jurasic Park
  • Crouching Tiger,Hidden Dragon
  • Spirited Away
  • Aeon Flux
  • Pink Floyd-The Wall
  • Bjork-Greatest Hits
  • Air Supply-video collection
  • Toy Story 1 & 2
  • Shrek 2
  • Catch-22
  • Dr. Strangelove
  • It's a Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad World
  • Muppet Magic
  • Hedwig...
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Harry Potter-Stone
  • M*A*S*H
  • Raging Bull
  • Young Frankenstein
  • Russian Ark
  • Lawrence of Arabia
  • Animal House
  • The Muppet Movie
  • Labyrinth
  • The Producers
  • Blade Runner
  • Time Bandits
  • Brazil
  • Dances with Wolves

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Definately Finding Nemo. Amazing movie, comes in widescreen and full in the same set, awesome video commentary, beautiful extras (trailers, photo galleries, making-ofs), it's just gorgeous.

Ziffel

Reaction score
That was a good dvd. Very great extras. Really get your money's worth there. I rather enjoyed the extras on "Haunted Mansion" where you could go roaming around the spooky house. The movie itself was surprisingly funny and enjoyable too (I say surprisingly because it got a lot of mediocre reviews from the critics).
I love the collection I'm building of classic tv sitcoms on dvd, but it is disappointing that they keep coming devoid of any extras. Surely they could at least do a current interview with SOMEBODY from the cast (or production crew).

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
That was a good dvd. Very great extras. Really get your money's worth there. I rather enjoyed the extras on "Haunted Mansion" where you could go roaming around the spooky house. The movie itself was surprisingly funny and enjoyable too (I say surprisingly because it got a lot of mediocre reviews from the critics).
I liked that movie too, and the DVD was wonderful! I forgot to mention a few others:

Lemony Snicket 2-Disc Edition
The Monkees S1 & S2 (I love that show!)
Muppet Treasure Island
Forrest Gump
Beauty & The Beast Platinum Edition