1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Best Muppet Show Episode Ever

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Mike Hambrook, May 8, 2007.

1. Mike Hambrook

Mike Hambrook New Member

I have to say, the best Muppet Show I ever saw was the Wally Boag episode. I liked the idea of a Vaudeville show, and the acts were funny. My two favourites were the back-to back segments of Miss Piggy with Foo Foo, and the Leprechaun Brothers: Swedish Chef, Beaker, and Animal. This was a really funny episode, and I liked how everything was done.

2. peyjenk

peyjenk Well-Known Member

This is a hard question. hmmm.

I haven't seen all of the episodes, and I don't necessarily remember all of the ones I have seen. But just going by what I remember, I'd have to say that the best episode is Linda Ronstadt. She is a strong presence both onstage and backstage, gets a big part of the backstage plot, gets a chance to be funny, gets to sing four songs, and has good chemistry with the Muppets. I think it was pretty rare to find a guest star who hit all of these marks, and she did it great.

Another guest star who does all these is Liza Minelli, and Alice Cooper and Raquel Welch come pretty close, too. :)

But, of course, just because I might hold these up as the "best" doesn't mean that I won't change my mind with the very next episode I watch. :D

3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Well-Known Member

yeah I haven't seen every muppet show episode either but I'd say for the moment it'd be the Alice Cooper episode 1. for it being so odd and 2. just because piggy gets transformed into a rainbow afro bird thing hahaha

4. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I LOVE the Star Wars episode, it may very well be my favorite.

5. Knegoff

Knegoff Member

The Connie Stevens episode, mostly because it was my first episode ever I saw with the Muppets, and the fantastic songs. (Teenager in Love, Ain't misbehavin', Close to you). Also, who can forget Lydia, oh Lydia, have you seen Lydia, the tattooed lady? :)

/Joe

6. Mike Hambrook

Mike Hambrook New Member

My top five favourite episodes of the Muppet show are as follows:

1. Wally Boag
    2. Mummenschanz
    3. Star Wars
    4. Anne Murray
    5. Brooke Shields

7. peyjenk

That's funny, because Mummenschanz, Star Wars, and Brook Shields are three of my least favorites. :)

8. Knegoff

Knegoff Member

Personally the Star Wars episode is the episode I like least... Mainly because they take too much place, and it becomes "The Star Wars Show with guest stars the Muppets" rather than "The Muppet Show with guest stars from Star Wars".

9. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Well-Known Member

This is a tough question. As I said in another post, to me there is no such thing as a bad episode of TMS. But if I had to choose, say, my top 5, they would be (in no particular order):

Vincent Price
    Alice Cooper
    Zero Mostel
    Peter Ustinov
    Rich Little

10. Winslow Leach

Okay, here are 5 more, which make these my 10 favorite eps of TMS:

Joel Grey
    Twiggy
    Diana Ross (c'mon -- Beaker + "Feelings" = hilarity)
    Rudolf Nureyev
    Ben Vereen

11. Winslow Leach

Okay, if my arm was twisted (ow!), I can give you 5 more.

Liza Minnelli
    Peter Sellers
    Spike Milligan
    Johnny Cash
    Don Knotts

12. janicegroupie

janicegroupie Well-Known Member

The Harry Belefonte one comes to mind for me. That song Turn the World Around is probably my favorite closing number ever. I thought he really got along well with the Muppets plus I loved Fozzie trying to be a writer.

13. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Yeah! That's for sure! Read my signature!

14. Frogster

Frogster Well-Known Member

Wow... NO ONE liked the Loretta Swit episode best? That had the best acting, plotline and songs in it. Yeah, Belefonte, Carter, Randall and some others were spectacular, but nothin's cooler, to me, than seeing Kermit have the upper hand on Piggy.

15. Davidf05

Davidf05 New Member

My most favorite episode of The Muppet Show is from Season One with Ethel Merman. I like that episode a lot because she sings some of her greatest show tunes including "There's No Business Like Show Business" as the finale. It is at least the greatest episode, I think, for season one.:confused: :eek:

16. janicegroupie

janicegroupie Well-Known Member

LOL:D Love it!

17. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I would say the Twiggy episode, if only for The King's Breakfast, and Uncle Deadly. Plus I'm kinda in love with Twiggy.

18. Winslow Leach

The Twiggy ep. was always one of my favorites, mostly due to the Uncle Deadley stuff. That moment when he first sneaks up on Kermit backstage, then proceeds to choke him when the frog attempts a joke...brrrrr...spooky stuff!

And "The King's Breakfast" always made me laugh, especially when he slid down the bannister!

Plus, Twiggy does a wonderful version of "In My Life."

In all, a great episode!

19. peyjenk

The Twiggy ep. certainly was a bright spot in the first season.

20. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

NOTE: I have not seen all of the episodes but Here are some of my favorite episodes of The Muppet Show. :)

Joel Grey

Paul Williams

Harvey Korman

Peter Ustinov

Ben Vereen

Phyllis Diller

Vincent Price

Valerie Harper

Don Knotts

Rich Little

Nancy Walker

Edgar Bergen

Steve Martin

George Burns

John Cleese

QUESTION: Does the "Sex & Violence" Pilot count?