Best of the Best of DVDs

GWGumby

Reaction score
So I have a chance to pick up a few of the Best of the Muppet Show DVDs and I want to poll you guys for your opinions.

Which of the currently released Best of the Muppet Show DVDs are the best?

Up to this point I've been getting the ones with the celebrities I'm most familiar with. But there could be wonderful episodes with celebrities that I don't know that well or even like. So I need your help to guide me in my future purchases.

Naturally, the best choice would be to just get them all. But since I can't afford that, I've got to go a bit at a time. And since I've got both the John Cleese and Steve Martin ones, I own the episodes with my favorite performers. So now I'm looking for your opinion as to the episodes with the best songs/sketches/jokes and other unforgettable moments to help me make my decision.

Thanks.

pdbooch

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd suggest getting the Juliet Prowse one since it is the first Muppet show ever!
Also, on the Diana Ross one there's a great UK skit with Beeker singing
"Feelings" with Electric Mayhem that is absolutely, my favorite thing. It is so funny!
I also like any of the shows from the first season, just to see the evolution of the show.

Marvin Suggs

Reaction score
The one wih Harry Belafonte is one of my favorite episodes. The end song is wonderful and the Banana Boat song he sings with Fozzie, Link, & Beauregard is hilarious!

Also I recommend the Alice Cooper/Vincent Price/Marty Feldman disc.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I would suggest the last disc (Juliet Prowse, Lola Falana, and Senor Wences).

Juliet Prowse is the first episode (with "Manha Manha"), and Senor Wences is probably the funniest episode ever! It has just about everything you'd want (great songs, great skits, great S&W lines, and great guest star doing his stuff).

Highly recommended :wink:

- Billy :cool:

GWGumby

Reaction score
Wow, I thought I'd posted this thread in vain. Thanks for responding. Hopefully among all the Muppet fanatics there's got to be a few more opinions.