Best & Worst Film & TV: 2012

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like MLP too. I'm not a brony--don't own a single piece of merch and I don't think about the show much--but I do find the cartoon enjoyable, and I have turned a friend on to it. And, well, I just made a Fraggle puppet based on Derpy Hooves.
I'm afraid the merchandise will lead to a slippery slope. I'm purposely avoiding the IDW comics (well, also because I barely can afford the ones I get in a month span), even though it has a lot of Muppet comic talent behind it (Amy and Katie). Plus, I hate "real hair" on toys. But for my money, I wish they'd just make some Gravity Falls merch. I'm glad Regular Show stuff started popping up. I'd rather spend money on those 2 anyway.

I was actually willing to give Littlest Pet Shop a go until I found out it was from the same comedic geniuses behind "My Gym Partner's a Monkey." And Transformers and MLP are all great and everything, but I want to see representation of my personal favorite Hasbro toy on their network, Mr. Potatohead.

I might as well list the biggest disappointment of the year...

The final season of The Office. It's just sad. It really feels like there should be some drama about Dunder Mifflin going out of business and everyone having to scramble to find other work (I wonder if they're saving that for after winter break). Instead we have Jim thinking about investing in another company and Andy going nuts and stealing a boat because his family lost everything. I'm not going to be the guy that says the show sucked when Michael left. But the show sucked after they had to write James Spader off. That character was underused. Meanwhile, you look at 30 Rock and it's no holds barred, going down in an epic blaze of glory with Liz getting married, Jack's mother finally dying, and the Kermit the Frog cameo that didn't make sense even in context but was still great. The Office really needs to end on an epic note, considering how it changed sitcoms and gave NBC a show worth watching.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to double post for 2 reasons...

1) I'm not entirely alone in thinking Partners blew. TV Guide named it the worst show of 1998. There couldn't be a sharper critique of the show than that.

2) I forgot to add one more bit.

My favorite Toy Line of the year

S.L.U.G. Zombies from Jaxx Pacific. No, not the surprise retro Nick and Hanna Barbera lines, not even the Regular Show toys... Crazy little mini-figures of a decaying zombie horde, chock full of potential celebrity/copyright lawsuits. Not to mention how incredibly gory this "kids'" toy line gets. A Baseball player using his own leg as a bat, and vice versa. Barely legal parody figures of zombie Colonel Sanders, 2 of the Three Stooges (so far), Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan, and much more. Horrible historical zombie Abe Lincoln and Cleopatra. And even a Christmas line with zombified Santa and Scrooge among others. Even the name brings back the retro feel of M.U.S.C.L.E.s yet having to invent the entire toy line themselves rather than using second hand molds of a Japanese cartoon series.

Too bad it never caught on. The internet's overexposure of zombies finally gave us something great.