1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Best/Worst songs from Muppet films

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Princeton, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I can't say I have a least favorite from any movie... but all my least favorites come from MFS... maybe the exception of Pepe singing "The Gambler," just.... another stupid decision to make use of one specific genre of song... One I happen to enjoy, but it comes out of left field, doesn't exactly mesh with the plot, and robs us of the Muppets singing something.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Actually if I was going to make a list, I'd probably choose that one, hehe. I just can't pick "worst song."
  3. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I agree Princeton it's a catchy verry Muppety song.
  4. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Yeah, Mathis sang it in "Muppets Go Hollywood". Originally, he was to have sung it in TMM, but Jim Henson thought it would be funnier if Piggy sang it.

As for favorite/least favorite, I honestly can't say that I have a least favorite other than maybe Piggy's Fantasy from GMC. Outiside of that, it's hard for me to choose a favorite.
  5. Gonz21

Gonz21 New Member

The Muppet Movie
    Most favorite - Movin' Right Along
    Least favorite - Never Before, Never Again

The Great Muppet Caper
    Most favorite - Happiness Hotel
    Least favorite - Piggy's Fantasy

The Muppets Take Manhattan
    Most favorite - Saying Goodbye
    Least favorite - Together Again

The Muppet Christmas Carol
    Most favorite - Scrooge
    Least favorite - The Love is Gone

Muppet Treasure Island
    Most favorite - Every song
    Least favorite - I don't have one
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  6. Drtooth

UGH! The Love is Gone scene stops the movie COLD! No wonder they took it out for film screenings only to put it back in the home video editions. I like MCC, but the very reasoning behind long segments with NO Muppets like that is the reason it's not a favorite of mine.
  7. Dominicboo1

I actually like the Love is Gone. It shows how Belle really felt about Scrooge caring more about money. It also was the first moment that showed Older Scrooge did have a heart, but just didn't like showing it. I think it's a sweet song, and one of the few moments with just humans I like in Muppet Movies.
  8. Lucinda

Lucinda New Member

I havent watched some of the movies in a while and I have yet to watch The Great Muppet Caper, anyhow my favourite songs are:

The Muppet Movie: Rainbow Connection and Moving Right Along
    The Muppets Take Manhattan: either Saying Goodbye or The Muppet Babies Song (I'm unsure if that is the correct title)
    The Muppets Christmas Carol: I really enjoyed the Scrooge song and the cheerful one near the end (again I forgot the name).
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Alright, I give in, lol, here we go:

The Muppet Movie
    Most favorite: Movin Right Along (a lot of sentimenal value for me :) )
    Least favorite: ::sigh:: I'll have to give an update later, VERY hard to choose, lol

Great Muppet Caper
    Most favorite: Steppin Out with a Star and Piggy's Fantasy
    Least favorite: Night life (Nice song, just feels like filler)

Muppets Take Manhattan
    Most favorite: Seriously, the ENTIRE song and soundtrack is amazing, lol
    Least favorite: If I HAD to choose, it would be You Can't Take Know for an Answer. Again, not a bad song, just more of an exposition song to move the plot forward
  10. Dominicboo1

The Muppet Baby song is called I'm Gonna Always Love You. ( I think that one's cute too) The Cheerful Song is called A Thankful Heart (My 2nd favorite song probablyMCC has some of the best music.
    Night life isn't special, so I guess that's my least favorite instead of Piggy's Fantasy (I like Piggy's song but Nicky's voice drives me bananas!)
  11. Pepe'sgal90

Pepe'sgal90 Member

Never Before, Never Again, is the only song I don't really care for in the movies.
  12. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

The Muppet Movie
    Favorite: The Rainbow Connection (hard to choose)
    Least favorite: Never Before, Never Again (I can't bear her singing voice)

The Great Muppet Caper
    Favorite: Steppin' Out With A Star
    Least favorite: Night Life

Favorite: Right Where I Belong
    Least favorite: I'm Gonna Always Love You (it's just…weird)

Favorite: Bless Us All (again, hard to choose)
    Least favorite: Chairman of the Board (cut from movie, but included in soundtrack)

Muppet Treasure Island
    Favorite: Something Better
    Least Favorite: Boom Shakalaka

Muppets From Space
    No comment
  13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I loved all the songs in all three original Muppet movies. I did not care for the songs from Letters to Santa.
  14. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

The Muppet Movie
    Favorite: Rainbow Connection
    Least Favorite: Never Before, Never Again

The Great Muppet Caper
    Favorite: Hey A Movie
    Least Favorite: Piggy's Fantasy

Favorite: Saying Goodbye
    Least Favorite: She'll Make Me Happy

Favorite: One More Sleep 'Til Christmas
    Least Favorite: When Love Is Gone

The Muppets
    Favorite: Man or Muppet
    Least Favorite: Let's Talk About Me
  15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

TMM
    fav: rainbow connection moving right along
    least fav: never before never again

GMC
    fav Steppin out with a star
    least fav: piggys fantasy

MTM
    fav: saying goodbye
    least fav: together again

MTI
    fav: love led us here cabin fever
    least fav: the first song with gonzo rizzo and jimmy

MCC
    i hate that movie in general but fav is one more sleep til christmas

LTS
    fav: all of them cant hate any

TM:
    fav: all the songs except
    least fav: me party and forget you
  16. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that I've only seen MTI once and can't really remember any of the songs, much less choose a favorite and least favorite.
  17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

My least favorite song ever, is Never Before Never Again. It's just so annoying, and I really did not see the point of it in the movie
  18. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I listened to Steppin' On A Star for the first time and I loved it. I do miss the original voices, but this song would be a favorite for all Muppet fans.
  19. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I watched The Great Muppet Caper last night. I didn't care for the "Night Life" song. That didn't go with Dr.Teeth at all. Thinking of The Muppets Take Manhattan with the song "You Can't Take No For An Answer". It atleast did went well with Dr.Teeth and the movie, imo.
  20. Drtooth

That was their break into disco, and the only song in a Muppet Movie I find dated. But it's by the Electric Mayhem, so I can't complain about it.