Between the Lions puppets

unclematt

Reaction score
Just Wondering

I wasnt sure where to post this but the Puppets that are used for the television show "Between the Lions" are very Muppet like. Is the Creature Shop involved in these puppets at all and if not is there any type of legal action that could be taken. A few years back when I first saw the show I thought for sure that they were Muppets and found out later that they were not.

itchekadoozy

Reaction score
Take a look at the FAQs page for the show:
http://pbskids.org/lions/faq/credits.html

you'll see that Michael Frith, the art director for the muppets and designer of many of the characters, is behind the show.

So you can't really sue a guy for using his own style for a different company.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I've seen the shows dozens of times, and I never get tired of seeing the old episodes! I like the one with lionel doing wierd toungue twisters!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I wasnt sure where to post this but the Puppets that are used for the television show "Between the Lions" are very Muppet like. Is the Creature Shop involved in these puppets at all and if not is there any type of legal action that could be taken. A few years back when I first saw the show I thought for sure that they were Muppets and found out later that they were not.

why would you want to sue them??

they never claim to be muppets, , they are puppets . and as has been stated many times before this style of puppetry , no matter what show it is will always remind peopl of muppest,

it was a great show, a lot of very talented people worked on it, and personnally i thought it was much more engaging both visually and in content than sesame street , or even most recent muppet productions,

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
What Ravagefrackle said.

You can't copyright an idea, or even a style really. I think a lot of builders/companies use a look that's so close to the Muppets they could be sued but it's pretty obvious on Between the Lions they were going for a unique look.