Biff and Sully

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Okay, so ever since I was little, I always loved Biff and Sully. I watched Sesame during the 25th season which featured a lot of Biff and Sully and the short lived character Roxie Marie [whom I did NOT like.] I also remember when I was in 1st grade and I had a construction hat and said that I was Biff, everyone thought I was insane. So last night I was going through my dvds and just watched Julie on Sesame Street, which just happened to have just Biff in it. That made me so happy, I dont know why, I seriously wish that these two would come back to Sesame Street, I mean heck, Sully would be easy to perform. Plus Biff wouldnt be hard to perform much either, I would not think so anyway. So yeah, we seriously need these characters back. I know that was random. :sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I agree it would be nice to bring them back. They made the street more authentic, since the city is full of construction workers!

Though, I wouldn't say Sully would be easy to perform, heh, I personally would say it's not necessary to have the right voice. :wink:

Kiki

Reaction score
I love Biff and Sully, too. I watched one of my SS videos the other day, called Sing Along and the two of them were featured. I forgot how much I liked those guys! :smile: What a great duo.

Btw Barry, if you don't mind me asking, where did you find Julie On Sesame Street?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've heard that Biff and Sully debuted in the same year, but for some reason, only Biff appeared in Julie on Sesame Street, while Sully did not. There are also a lot of 1970s cast photos featuring Biff but not Sully. I wonder why.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Maybe Biff appeared first and then they decided to give him an assistant later that season so they created Sully. I have no clue honestly.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe Biff appeared first and then they decided to give him an assistant later that season so they created Sully. I have no clue honestly.
That might be possible. The booklet that came with Songs from the Street says that Biff and Sully both debuted in 1973, though I do wonder how accurate that is (it also says that Elmo and Telly debuted in 1984, which is incorrect. Even if it was referring to Elmo debuting as a main character, I think it's safe to assume that Telly had been a main character for at least a few years by that point).

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
I believe I did see Sully this past year in 2006, in that Home Edition skit with Grover and Fat Blue. He was one of the construction workers adding on the extra doors.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I believe I did see Sully this past year in 2006, in that Home Edition skit with Grover and Fat Blue. He was one of the construction workers adding on the extra doors.
According to Muppet Wiki, that sketch had construction workers who resembled Biff and Sully, but mentioned that the construction worker who resembled Sully had eyes and spoke. I haven't actually seen this sketch, so I don't know of any other visual differences.

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It was obvious Biff wasn't the same, but I couldn't really see Sully all that good since all the workers were in the background in that one. What I really don't understand is why didn't they just bring Biff and Sully back for that sketch. I mean in recent years theyv'e brought back Gladys, Buster, Hoots, and The Twiddlebugs. So why not Biff and Sully?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It was obvious Biff wasn't the same, but I couldn't really see Sully all that good since all the workers were in the background in that one. What I really don't understand is why didn't they just bring Biff and Sully back for that sketch. I mean in recent years theyv'e brought back Gladys, Buster, Hoots, and The Twiddlebugs. So why not Biff and Sully?
The only explanation I can think of for Biff not being used is because Jerry Nelson was performing Fat Blue in that sketch. But Biff still could have appeared, without any lines.