Big Bird banned on a roof

Ziffel

Reaction score
Here's a weird story of a statue of Big Bird being ordered to be taken off someone's chimney in Wisconsin. Maybe MuppetsRule has seen this. I don't understand why some neighbors or the local authorities have a problem with Big Bird on someone's private property.

http://www.local6.com/news/4804094/detail.html

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm, that "Giant blue bird" looks alot like Pino, the blue, Dutch version of Big Bird.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if that's what the kids who made it intended it to be, and the media reporter(s) weren't familiar with it.

BEAR

Reaction score
This is the most ridiculous complaint i think i have ever heard in my life. It's his private home! Is it really harming people? And it's Big Bird, come on! Its far from offensive. Some people are just so crabby :grouchy: . I say let the Bird stand!!!

Rattus P Rattus

Reaction score
I thought that no news story would get any weirder than that but then I read the headlines beneath it.

rtgentry

Reaction score
THE ISSUE WAS THAT HE LIVES IN A HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION NEIGHBORHOOD. He chose to live there under those rules so if he wants to put up a big bird that stands out so much he will have to move to somewhere where the neighbor hood is not regulated by an association.

BEAR

Reaction score
rtgentry said:
THE ISSUE WAS THAT HE LIVES IN A HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION NEIGHBORHOOD. He chose to live there under those rules so if he wants to put up a big bird that stands out so much he will have to move to somewhere where the neighbor hood is not regulated by an association.
Whoa! :eek: Okay, there. No need to snap. We didn't know any of that information as it was not included in the article. Some of us don't even know what that means. Geez..

Censored

Reaction score
rtgentry said:

The people in the neighborhood may be within their rights to make him remove Big Bird from the roof, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's a STUPID rule. Sounds petty to me. Hopefully, he can get some of them on something just as petty down the line. What goes around comes around.

Censored

Reaction score
This whole thing reminds me of a great children's book called "The Big Orange Splot" by Daniel Manus Pinkwater.

It was about a man, named Mr. Plumbean, who lived on a street where all houses were the same. Then one day, the man got a big orange blot of paint splashed on his house. Instead of painting it, he decorated it even more with all kinds of bright colors and designs. The neighbors were outraged. But, whenever anyone would comes to Mr. Plumbean's house to talk him out of it, he'd say,

"My house is me and I am it. My house is where I like to be and it looks like all my dreams."

Then, instead of convincing Mr. Plumbean to conform, the visitor would decide to make his own house different as well, until, one by one, everyone on the street had their own individual houses and were much happier.

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
The people in the neighborhood may be within their rights to make him remove Big Bird from the roof, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's a STUPID rule. Sounds petty to me. Hopefully, he can get some of them on something just as petty down the line. What goes around comes around.

I must agree here.