1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Big Bird goes to the West Wing!

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Princess Melora, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Princess Melora

Princess Melora New Member

Big Bird, Grover, Rosita, Zoe and Elmo will be appearing on an episode of NBC's The West Wing!

No word on when it will air -- probably sometime during sweeps.
  2. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Kinda sounds similar to the time Big Bird visited the White House in the 70's ... does anyone remember those episodes?
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Wonder what the plot is going to be? I suppose probably the SS Muppets have created some kind of conspiracy, so the FBI has them arrested and takes them before the President where they are forced to say who they're working for...

...That Thomas Haffa just won't go away, will he??!
  4. Chad Kermit

Chad Kermit New Member

Or they questioned the President's Guard service record :o They could be considered terror threats esp Elmo, I mean nobody is that happy. :D
  5. Fozzie Bear

I COULD be... :o
  6. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

This is cool! I mean, Big Bird already has a left wing and a right wing, so why not a west wing?

:crazy:
  7. Fozzie Bear

You Win This!!

8. anathema

anathema Active Member

Ouch! I thought that kind of joke went out with the "Davy Crockett" / "Captain Kirk" versions...
  9. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

Here's a story about it from zap2it.com:

Big Bird Flaps Wings to 'West Wing'
    (Thursday, February 12 04:28 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Elmo could meet Leo.
    Zoe the Muppet could meet Zoey Bartlett.

Somebody, apparently, has told the cast of "Sesame Street" how to get to Pennsylvania Avenue. Several of "Sesame Street's" most popular residents are about to visit television's most popular political drama when Big Bird, Elmo, Zoe and Rosita guest star on "The West Wing."

The Wednesday, March 3 cameos will mark the first time that these Muppets have guest starred on a prime time series.
    In the episode, President Bartlett (Martin Sheen) enlists C.J. (Allison Janney) to try to improve the First Lady's (Stockard Channing) image. As a solution, the First Lady films a public service announcement where she gives Elmo a checkup.

If this crossover is successful, perhaps The Count will be called into the Oval Office to help out next time there's a key vote in the House.

"One Republican Senator crossing party lines... Ah-hah-hah," he might say.

This year marks the 35th anniversary of "Sesame Street."

I never watch that show but I think I'll make an exception this time.
  10. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

This sounds weird and interesting.
  11. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

I'm wondering if they will show the Muppet performers or not considering they talk about the First Lady filming a commercial with them and it is supposed to be based in reality.
  12. AndyWan Kenobi

I bet they don't show the performers--after all, if kids are tuning in they don't want to spoil things for them.
  13. AndyWan Kenobi

What joke is this? I might know a variation--

How many pointed ears does Mr. Spock have?
    Three--a left ear, a right ear, and a final front ear!

Wokka-wokka! :o

The Kirk joke, I would imagine, is similar? Does the Davy Crockett one involve a wild front ear?

:p
  14. anathema

anathema Active Member

Indeed. But that is the humour of Morrrrdorrrr and shall not be spoken here, lest we progress to the one about the Public Sector Boromir Requirement...
  15. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

hee hee...i love that joke. :D
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

I'll definitely watch this West Wing episode. Makes perfect sense to have this cross-over plot, especially since Stockard Channing could have pulled in some favors from the SS cast and crew from her old days when she was the Number Painter's Victim on the Street.
    Hope this helps and have a good night.
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I MISSED IT!!! :cry: Is it going to come on some other time? As in reshow it?
  18. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

It hasn't even been shown yet!!
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Why did someone say Feb. 12 of 2004?
  20. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

I don't know. Read the first post. It will be shown in the sweeps, about April 4th.