"Big Bird's Words" App Announced

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
There was recently an interview with Matt Vogel, where he mentioned that these days he doesn't perform Big Bird as much as he used to (I assume because he's also been busy with Jerry Nelson's characters, or perhaps because Big Bird's been in considerably less episodes each year).
Yeah. That's kind of what I was thinking. I thought it sounded like Matt's BB in the sketch with Super Grover helping that lady look for "Big" in a recent season, but maybe that was just a bit of a difference in Caroll's voice. It kind of makes me wonder if Matt is still in line to perform the bird if, heaven forbid, anything happens to Carroll since right now he's in line to perform the Count full time, so that may keep him busy.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Matt performed BB in the "Big" sketch, voice included. I'm also sure he's Caroll's understudy, I think just the reason Matt hasn't done much of BB lately is a) He's busy with The Muppets, b) Caroll most likely wants to pick up the mantle more, and c) Not many scripts call for BB these days so it isn't like a work overload for Caroll sorta speak. Just my opinion.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Those are good thoughts. So I was right about the "Big" sketch. Lol. But that was a few seasons ago, so I don't know how many more BB sketches he'll do. Unless maybe Carroll performs him in street scenes and Matt performs him in inserts or if he and Oscar are in the same scene. Then of course there's reason (d) he's probably going to pick up the Count as well. I guess I mentioned that already. Lol.