big v and gorgon heap

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The monsters known as Big V and Gorgon Heap look very similar. I have read some things online that mention that Gorgon Heap is a rebuilt version of Big V, but I don't actually think that's true. Forone think, Big V is a dark blue or brown color, while Big V is bright purple. Also, Big V's fur is smoother while Gorgon Heaps fur is shaggier, so I don't think they are the made from the same puppet. Gorgon Heaps design may have been inspired by Big Vs design, but I am not certain.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another difference between the puppets is that Gorgon Heap has arms and hands while Big V doesn't. I've seen a photo of Jane Henson putting Big V in storage, and it didn't look like he had any arms or legs to me.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I think they were the same type of puppet, I doubt it was the exact same puppet...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree. I've always had the understanding that Gorgon Heap is a different puppet to Big V. But Heap was kinda inspired from Big V's design in some ways.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the Gorgon Heap puppet is just a completely rebuilt version of the Big V puppet. Sure, he was named Gorgon Heap once, but do we know if Henson officially used that name for him elsewhere (not counting the Muppet Morsels). He was called feldling in the Joel Grey epsiode (but that was just a role he was playing, like how Rowlf was Sherlock Holmes and Baskervilel was watson). Sure, the noses are different, but Gorgon Heap has had quite a few body that are not alwasy on him (horns, ears). And Gorgon Heap had a long nose like Big V in the Rich Litttle episode. And Big V has sometikmes had a smaller nose instead of a long one (though still worm-like).