Bip Bippadotta the Mahna Mahna muppet rem

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
I am looking for any pictures, video, or audio of the Muppet who sings Mahna Mahna(from 69') , Fat Cat Sat Hat, Some of Us are Here, Opposite, Air and did a skit where he palyed the Genie in Alladin and the lamp. Someone stated on the web that the acutal name of the Muppet is Bip Bippadotta. I have a pic of him in the Fat Cat skit I got from a site called Mahna Mahna an Audio History on Homestead but the site can no longer be accessed. If anyone has these particular items that I am look for I would appreciate it if you can send them to obiwan.shinobi@verizon.net.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Scarecroe and I worked on an article together that was supposed to go up on BackStage Left, but hasn't made it yet.

Bip Bipadotta on SS, as opposed to The Muppets' Mahna-Mahna. Jim wanted to keep a difference in the commercial Muppets from the educational SS, so he changed the name and added shades when Mahna appeared on SS. Also notice: On The Muppets, Mahna-Mahna always looks the same; on SS he changes a LOT, but is still the same character. Go figure.

Pino

Reaction score
If you like I have some pictures from the sesamestreet one with girls unstead of those pink cows :wink:

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
Thank you for the info and pics on that Muppet. I want to upload another pic of Mahna/Bip. However I don't have a webpage. How do I upload images?
A little side note here for Sweet201 who wrote "I love Mahna Mahna, but my 1 1/2 year old son is scared to death of him in *any* of his incarnations. When he sees that muppet, he runs for mommy every time." http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=7312
When I was 4 years old I can remember that Bip used to frighten me as well with his angry brows, yelling & running up to the camera antics (end of Fat Cat and Some of Us ring a bell?) Anyway that was around 77' and I am over that now (I think).
Does anyone know where I can videos though?

BipBippadotta

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
You can mail it to me muppet_dk@bigfoot.com and I'll upload it for you.

Thank you dk. I hope that there is more media out there of Bip no matter what the incarnations. Ah the memories. It's a funny thing that considering if my mom hadn't taken the cable out in 83 or 84 and the TV hadnt lost all of the UHF channels I might not taken such interest in this. No wonder I am so odd.