bird feathers?

SJohnson

Reaction score
My understanding is that each feather is attached one by one, and they have to check for broken feathers and replace them on a regular basis. I’ve heard that when Big Bird travels they send a wrangler who checks the feathers each night and replaces the broken ones. I guess that’s why Caroll Spinney usually makes public appearances with Oscar the Grouch.:grouchy:

wes

Reaction score
I read that Big Bird Is made of turkey feathers which are smaller and not as long as the one on the sites listed above.

SJohnson

Reaction score
Hollywood Fancy Feathers sells turkey feathers along with chicken, rooster,
ostrich, and pheasant. :attitude: (I don't have an attitude, I just thought that Sam the Eagle fit, after all we are discussing feathers - too bad there isn’t a Big Bird or Muppet Chicken icon.)

wes

Reaction score
SJohnson said:
Hollywood Fancy Feathers sells turkey feathers along with chicken, rooster,
ostrich, and pheasant. :attitude: (I don't have an attitude, I just thought that Sam the Eagle fit, after all we are discussing feathers - too bad there isn’t a Big Bird or Muppet Chicken icon.)
Yeah, I wish we had one too!

practicecactus

Reaction score
Personally, I'd go with White Fur.
But I would do the wings feathers.

Because the face of any bird doesn't look very Feathery, I'd go with Fur, brushed back.
Ang go nuts with the feathers on the wings. Not only for acuracy, but if you flap the wings in a performance and some fall off, it would just look all the more cooler.
Have enough to spare though, cause Kids love to collect soveniers like that.