Bizarre New Pepe Appearance on Kimmel

beaker

Reaction score
I tuned into Jimmy Kimmel tonight, and he showed this clip of Pepe
talking to a teacher and some kids, and I tell ya...that had to be the most inappropriate and strange Muppet clip Ive seen in ages. Did anyone else see this tonight? I almost wonder if the audio of Pepe was dubbed over to make it sound like he was saying all that stuff, tho it did sound like Pepe.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Pepe is the inappropriate Muppet. What would you expect? It's late night television. Can you hint at what crossed the line? Hope this comes to YouTube.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Not the real shrimp

Pepe was not on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Last night Jimmy took a clip from a recent interview Pepe did on the Weekend edition of Good Morning America (see it here) and dubbed over Bill Barretta's voice with fake (and raunchy) Pepe dialog. The clip of Jimmy's (in my opinion) fairly un-funny dubbed clip is on the Jimmy Kimmel Live website (but they don't let you directly link to clips and I don't know how long it'll be up).

But you can check out the real (and much more funny and Muppety) interview with the real Pepe from Good Morning America at the following link:
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6267559

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Pepe was not on Jimmy Kimmel Live.

Last night Jimmy took a clip from a recent interview Pepe did on the Weekend edition of Good Morning America (see it here) and dubbed over Bill Barretta's voice with fake (and raunchy) Pepe dialog. The clip of Jimmy's (in my opinion) fairly un-funny dubbed clip is on the Jimmy Kimmel Live website (but they don't let you directly link to clips and I don't know how long it'll be up).

But you can check out the real (and much more funny and Muppety) interview with the real Pepe from Good Morning America at the following link:
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=6267559
Oh, VERY nice appearance! Thanks for pointing this out to us, Greg! Pepe was GREAT!

How dumb of Kimmel to dub Pepe... :rolleyes:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I thought the real Pepe did sound a bit different than usual there, but maybe it's just my ears or the fact that the sound is a bit sped up on my computer. What got me is that he didn't say 'okay' after every sentence like he usually does. That was weird.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
aww That Pepe clip on GMA was so cute, and the bit with the kids was the best takes me back to when the kids used to talk to Muppets on Sesame Street.
& I just saw the Jimmy Kimmel thing, that was low of him.:rolleyes:

MWoO

Reaction score
How could anyone have thought that was real?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Kimmel's claim to fame is girls on trampolines. A night time talk show hasn't changed his class. I've always been a little cringey about the Muppets' association with his show. Sure, Craig Ferguson is edgy and freaky at times, but he does so in fun instead of just the cheap laugh.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Great interview. But I was a little confused about the kids being there. Were they there so he could keep his appearance toned down or something?