Black light fleece anywhere?

pjspuppets

Reaction score
I'm looking for fleece fabric that glows in black light, and all I can seem to find is orange... Does anybody know where I can buy or order fluorescent fleece in green or yellow or pink?

Thanks,
Pat

BuckyBits

Reaction score
One Way Street (onewaystreet.com) carries the yellow on their site, and on another forum I read they sell other colors. You may email them and try to see. theatrehouse.com > Fabrics > Blacklight, sells fur and other fabrics in their blacklight section.

I just read, you can use Rit fabric whitener to make flabric more UV reactive. Its like the whiteners in detergents but concentrated.

I haven't tried either. Everything else I've read is to bring a blacklight with you to a fabric store and see what reacts. I'd love to know how it goes.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I don't think that you can use fabric whitener to make regular fabrics fluoresce. It might make them give off a slightly purple glow with the amount varying depending on the fabric, but it probably won't work very well.

Has anyone actually tried this and had success?

whatadoddle

Reaction score
Hi, have you tried using lycra stretched over foam? A bit fiddley but alot of colours react to UV.

pjspuppets

Reaction score
Lycra vs. fleece

I have used Lycra, and it will do, but I much prefer to use fleece...

Pat