Blue variant Floyd at DisneyWorld

BAZ

Reaction score
Series 2 hasn't arrived here in Omaha yet, but I spent Christmas at DisneyWorld I planned to look for them there. First stop was Muppet 4-D, second stop was the Muppet shop. They had Series 2! About 4 of each figure were out. They had one blue Floyd and 3 red. I didn't pick them up right then, wanted to wait until my daugter was with me. She's working there right now and get's an employee discount. Over the next 2 days, I decided that even thought they had a blue, I wanted a red Floyd. I liked the colors better. Christmas Day, we head back to MGM to buy my Christmas gift. Now the wierd part, there were still 4 Floyds there, but all were blue. No red Floyds at all. So I had to get a blue one. May still buy a red one if they ever make it to Omaha.

dhillman

Reaction score
Oh Series 2 has arrived in Omaha -- but TRU does not have them yet and all the other stores have sold out

D

BAZ

Reaction score
I visited TRU today, they rearranged the action figure section. Couldn't even find the Series 1 figures. Found a huge bin of last years Grinch toys though!

Don't ya just love how TRU are helping to promote the Muppet figures?

beaker

Reaction score
Im curious exactly what new Muppet stuff is being sold at WDW and Calif Adv. I think the last new thing was those cool Muppet plushes...and the coolest new thing are those Star Tours action figures!

Btw, I thought it was called "Muppet Visionj 3d" did they change it?

gringo

Reaction score
When I was at WDW this last fall. I saw some of the Muppet figures, all the bean stuffed characters. They also had the German(?) Statler and Waldorf two pack for around $50.

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
I'm at Disney World as I type this (I think I bought the last Fozzie... :big_grin:). Here, from what I can remember, is what they've got:

Palisades' Figures (yay!)

Sideshow Busts (they look VERY impressive in person... but still, very shteep price)

T-shirts, some new MV3D ones (I got one w/Animal that said "PARTY ANIMAL" on it :smile: )

Plushes-- Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rizzo, Animal, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, Scooter

Some MV3D 3D Cookie Jar type thingy

Pez, Pens, Stickers, Books...

....And All That Jazz.

-SPEEGS

kansasteen14

Reaction score
it is Muppets 3D. I love the muppet merchandise but some of the plushes are ugly.

BAZ

Reaction score
I think the item you are calling a cookie jar is the bank. It wasn't there earlier in the week, but showed up later. I almost got it.

BAZ

Reaction score
Originally posted by dhillman
Oh Series 2 has arrived in Omaha -- but TRU does not have them yet and all the other stores have sold out

D
Either TRU has sold out of Series 2 also or just decided never toput them out. I just found the Eletric Mayhem stage at TRU in Omaha. Course it wasn't easy, they weren't on display, but if you go to the section where they use to have the figures (you can't find any of the figures right now at TRU) then look straight up, there on top of all the other stuff, almost to the ceiling are 2, well now 1, sets of EM.

I called a clerk over and asked about the figures and was told they "if we have any, they would be right here". I then pointed up and showed him the EM stage. When, he offered to get one down for me, I said that would be great, but I thought you would have some of them in easy reach so a customer could actually buy one. Amazingly, he noted the sarcasim in my voice, mumbled something about being short on space. Then went to get a ladder.

So have we heard what store will be offering the next series? There was a rumor from Ken that a major chain was going to pick them up, but I hadn't heard anything since.

beaker

Reaction score
Isn't it funny how Disney has MV3D/gift shop at Calif Adv/WDW, Bear in the Big Blue House licence/agreements, MCC/MTI releases, all those mid 90's Muppet straight to video projects/TMM/GMC/Fraggle Rock videos, and yet to be announced other agreements with JHC...but they can never in a million years actually own Disney? funny how it is like that.