Bob and his name

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Was Bob the only human cast member throughout the show's history who has ever used his real name as the name for his Sesame Street character?
I think he is though I'm not completely certain.

I suppose it could easily have just been a coincidence that they were looking for an actor to play a man named Bob and Bob McGrath won the auditions.

BEAR

Reaction score
Don't forget Linda, Savion and Alan. They all use their own names on the show too.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
The only one of those I really remember at all is Linda. And I didn't even realize that she used her real name just like Bob

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
Does Ruthie count? Since she was played by Ruth Buzzi, would it make sense to say that she used her real name?

~Dana~

BEAR

Reaction score
Fuzzy and Blue said:
Does Ruthie count? Since she was played by Ruth Buzzi, would it make sense to say that she used her real name?

~Dana~
Oh, yes! I would include Ruthie in there too. I am sure there are others. Judy Collins is another.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Fuzzy and Blue said:

~Dana~
I would definitely agree with BEAR. It would be precisely the same thing if I had been on Sesame Street and had called myself Marty since my real name is Martin.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Judy Collins was a regular member of Sesame Street?

BEAR

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
True that the first Miles was played by Roscoe Orman's real life son by the same first name, however, not sure if it counts since the last name is obviously different. Then again, I suppose it could still be included.

BEAR

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Judy Collins was a regular member of Sesame Street?
Yeah, for a few years back in the 70s.