Bob Hoskins Diagnosed With Parkinsons, Also Retiring

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Poor Bob. His work will be missed. I loved that he said he had a "wonderful career".

By the way, Roger Rabbit 2 was to have been a prologue to "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Therefore, Eddie wasn't in the script in the first place.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Poor Bob. His work will be missed. I loved that he said he had a "wonderful career".

By the way, Roger Rabbit 2 was to have been a prologue to "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Therefore, Eddie wasn't in the script in the first place.
Oh, Didn't Know That!!, But Still, Like You Said, His Work Will Be Missed, What's Sad At The Same Time Is That I Was Looking Up Roger Rabbit Shorts Today, And I Watched The Movie Again!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like how everyone in this thread is acting like he just died. :stick_out_tongue:

It's still a shame that he's having to retire though, I really liked him; a few months ago, I caught a glimpse of an old Alan Alda movie he was in, and was surprised at how young and thin he was, considering he's usually a rather roly-poly man. But his acting in general has always been rather impressive, I like how he can switch from his natural British accent (which sounds really cockney), to a non-descript American accent, to a Brooklyn/Nooyawk accent, to a Russian accent, etc. In addition to Roger Rabbit, I also really enjoyed the Super Mario Bros. movie he and John Leguizamo did, despite knowing that they both HATED doing that movie, so much that Hoskins keeps bringing back up that it was the worst thing he ever did in his career. Yeah, I wish it didn't have to be this way, but things like this happen... it does bring to mind, I wonder how Michael J. Fox has been doing these days, I haven't seen him in forever, but I know his Parkinsons has gotten really bad in recent years.

Oh, and I said it before, but I'll say it again: I DO NOT want another Roger Rabbit! I'm sorry, but that movie was a groundbreaking, stand-alone classic that need not be touched and infected with sequelitis.

Walter

Reaction score
I like how everyone in this thread is acting like he just died. :stick_out_tongue:

It's still a shame that he's having to retire though, I really liked him; a few months ago, I caught a glimpse of an old Alan Alda movie he was in, and was surprised at how young and thin he was, considering he's usually a rather roly-poly man. But his acting in general has always been rather impressive, I like how he can switch from his natural British accent (which sounds really cockney), to a non-descript American accent, to a Brooklyn/Nooyawk accent, to a Russian accent, etc. In addition to Roger Rabbit, I also really enjoyed the Super Mario Bros. movie he and John Leguizamo did, despite knowing that they both HATED doing that movie, so much that Hoskins keeps bringing back up that it was the worst thing he ever did in his career. Yeah, I wish it didn't have to be this way, but things like this happen... it does bring to mind, I wonder how Michael J. Fox has been doing these days, I haven't seen him in forever, but I know his Parkinsons has gotten really bad in recent years.

Oh, and I said it before, but I'll say it again: I DO NOT want another Roger Rabbit! I'm sorry, but that movie was a groundbreaking, stand-alone classic that need not be touched and infected with sequelitis.
Micheal J. Fox is still occasionally doing stuff for BTTF(He voiced one of Marty's relatives in the recent Back To The Future video game), and he also has The Micheal J. Fox foundation for Parkinsons Disease. Unfortunately, his Parkinsons has gotten pretty bad.:sympathy: But they haven't stopped searching for a cure! Here is his website, it has a lot of useful information about the disease(You can even donate!:smile: )
https://www.michaeljfox.org/

I'm sorry to hear about Bob.. Who framed Roger Rabbit was always one of my favorite films!:fanatic:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Poor bastich. Hope they caught it early enough to treat, and hold off the worst effects for years, at least. Dementia is a possibility in the later stages. Scary stuff.

Yeah, fantastic actor! Hope he does some VO work or something at least. MJ Fox was on "The Good Wife" a few times and present during the Olympics in Vancouver, which was cool to see. Hope Hoskins doesn't completely drop from view.

--------------