1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Erk. I see my followup didn't post for some reason. It turned out to be "part of a transformer," so the crews said when they showed up. I don't know what the sirens were for, but I saw nothing about anyone getting hurt. Anyway, everyone was walking around outside, asking each other what was going on, and eventually we got our power back.
    charlietheowl and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

That's good it turned out to be nothing (relatively) major. Perhaps the police cars were there to block off traffic or something.
  3. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Eeep! That sounds scary!:eek:
  4. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

OK..so it's after 4:30 in the morning here. I just woke up from a nightmare that someone told me my mom has cancer.:eek: Naturally I woke up shaking & breathing heavy& almost crying. I had to remind myself that:
    a)my mom is home from her trip (she'd been away for about 3 weeks w/her boyfriend)
    b) she's as healthy as a horse (she goes to the gym a couple of times a week w/ above mentioned bf)
    c) the person in my nightmare was a former neighbor & the last time I saw HER was when her kids were really little(her son is in his early 20s & her daughters are in their late teens)! I only keep in touch with her now is Facebook.
    I was going to wake my mother up .But that seems childish.
  5. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Weird how we misidentify people in our dreams
  6. AlittleMayhem

*hugs Katzi428*
  7. AlittleMayhem

Today at Sketchbook Development, someone right outside our classroom was having a horrible fit or an allergy attack of some kind. She was coughing, sputtering, struggling to breathe and making loud noises that sounded like she was being sick. Luckily, the teachers came to her aid, trying to keep her calm her down, giving her an injection and at one point came into our classroom to ask for a pillow. The ambulance then arrived and took her away. It felt awful sitting there while someone was terribly ill literally a few feet away and not knowing what to do while everyone was trying to help. I hope she gets better, whatever it was she was suffering from.
  8. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Gosh that sounds terrible. Hopefully she will get better soon.
  9. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Sounds like she was having an asthma attack or got stung by something and was going into shock...
  10. Katzi428

Wow! I hope she's OK!
  11. Katzi428

Thanks A.L.M.*hugs back* (call me Kathy!Everyone else does!:) )
    And Vincent,I agree it IS weird!It's not like the woman was a mean spirited person full of gloom & doom when I lived across the street from her.
    When I told my mother about the nightmare this morning we both agreed it was silly. She's in excellent health!(How the subject of cancer came up in my subconscious is beyond me. :confused:.. Mom's bf was over last night for dinner & we were talking about their trip they just came back from.)
  12. AlittleMayhem

Oh, yeah. I remember you telling me that on the birthday thread...
  13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I echo that! Hope she feels better.
  14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

At this point in time, I have only one thing to say...

WHAT THE FROG HAPPENED?!!

Microsoft Office has just stopped working altogether, and I have NO idea how the Elmo this happened! It was perfectly fine just last night, and now today, if I try to open Office, I just get that annoying error message saying "Microsoft Office 2010 has stopped working", or if I try to open a Word document, it just says "Preparing to install..."

I don't know if the automatic updates have something to do with this or not... when I shut down my computer last night, there were a bunch of automatic updates that were installed, and like I said, the Office suit worked fine last night, but today, it's not working at all! Scans are turning up virus/spyware-free, and I haven't changed anything settings manually, so I don't know what's going on, but I'M FREAKING OUT! I AM FREAKING OUT!!!
  15. AlittleMayhem

Breathe Snowth, breathe. Do you know anyone who knows anything about computers?
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  16. Sgt Floyd

do a system restore from before the updates installed
  17. D'Snowth

I'm shocked... usually, System Restores don't do diddily squat, but it did this time.

I noticed among the restore points, two of them for today listed an update had been installed: "Microsoft Office Single Image 2010"... not sure what that's all about, but that must have something to do with why Office suddenly stopped working.
  18. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

You have more technology problems then a magazine does subscriptions. :p Although I will say your big captial "WHAT THE FROG HAPPENED?" in red letters definitely woke me up. XP
  19. D'Snowth

Hey, it's not like I LIKE having these kind of problems, I'm just as annoyed putting up with them as you guys are having to put up with me put up with them.
  20. Sgt Floyd

I think you have more computer problems than anyone else here XD

Technology just doesn't like you very much I guess :p
    Vincent Liu and Pinkflower7783 like this.