BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

Vincent L

Reaction score
A magnitude 4.9 earthquake. It doesn't sound much, but the epicenter is only 5 KM FROM MY HOUSE!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember at some point last year, the southern tip of town apparently had an earthquake that people across the entire town said they could feel... I didn't feel a thing! I didn't even know there WAS an earthquake until I heard about it on the news later that day! I mean I was awake when it supposedly, happened, I was even on the floor working out and everything, so I don't understand how I couldn't feel anything!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Yikes Vincent! See...this is why I'll never move to the northwest, lovely though it looks (and who can resist a town with Voodoo Donuts?) or to anywhere on the Ring of Fire. Or Yellowstone. I've been through four hurricanes. No sweat, as long as you're prepared for it and your domicile is secure...eathquakes, no one sees coming!

This morning I had a very long nightmare followed by one of those dreams where you THINK you've just woken up...only to find myself still in an unpleasant dream-reality...ugh.
---------------

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So this morning I go into the kitchen and there is a giant roach running around on the floor. I grabbed my dad's shoe and squish it, but just bending down to smash it I could hear its gross little legs skittering around...and the crunch...I felt a bit sick afterwards :stick_out_tongue:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Ever try lighting them on fire? They DON'T DIE.

All that will be left after the nuclear meltdown will be those things and Keith Richards. And maybe Strom Thurmond.

:concern: Isn't he dead finally??

Yeah...so?
---------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

My laptop table lost its bearings today, and my computer went straight down, hit the floor with a loud clank (landing on the metal frame work)... now it's starting to act funny (like automatically going to sleep every few minutes when it's not supposed to). :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'M FREAKIN' OUT! I AM FREAKIN' OUT!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For a minute, it looked like I was the next victim of people's Yahoo! accounts being hacked, but looks like I'm okay...

Man, I don't know WHAT is going on with Yahoo! lately, but it's like in the last few months or so, four different people or so (including BobThePizzaBoy) had their accounts hacked or disabled, and it doesn't even look like the big Y! is doing anything about it. :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anytime they randomly throw in those commercials with Kirstie Alley dressed up like a fairy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not so much today, but within the last four or five months or so, I've encountered about five or six other people who strangely share my same curious fascination and appreciation for the classic Charley Douglass laugh track, when I thought I was the only one (and so did they).