BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hahahaa! They had like a montage of people falling for that on AMERICA'S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS years ago... LAFFED MY CABOOSE OFF!!!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think you have the wrong thread, dude :stick_out_tongue:

I guess the closest thing to something scaring me was having to try to get this giant centipede out of the house using a piece of paper...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I opened a ZippCast account... and wow... I mean wow... these guys aren't just trying to be like the old YouTube, these guys ARE the old YouTube... seriously, they're EXACTLY THE SAME IN EVERY SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL... I'm scared...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think my heart dropped into my drawers...

I mean seriously, even the slightest computer error is enough to send me into a tizzy, but I almost had a heart attack here!

So, what happened was Internet Explorer stopped work. I mean, it COMPLETELY stopped work. I'd access the icon on the desktop, it would take me to my homepage, then not do anything. Trying to click a link, or even access anything in the toolbars would result in error messages saying the program could not respond in time and had to close, etc. I was FREAKING OUT! I tried cleaning out my cookies and temporary files, that didn't work. I tried running scans (Security Essentials, Spybot, MWBAMW), all came up clean. I tried System Restore, that didn't work either.

Finally, I went into Control Panel, Internet Options, and reset the browser to it's original/default settings. That seemed to work. So... now, I've got to reconfigure my browser to the way it was before this happened.

I don't know WHAT in the world happened, but hopefully, I'll remember what do to next time, in case this happens again.

Did I mention I was really freaking out?

EDIT: Okay, I figured out what the problem was... apparently, it was the Ask toolbar... for some reason. Granted, I never even used it anyway, I just had it there to fill up empty space, since I'm used to having toolbars, but I saw as I was reconfiguring my browser, I noticed everything stopped working one I re-enabled the Ask toolbar (and I tested this three times to confirm that's what was causing the problem). Not sure why it started acting up, but I guess I won't be not using it again any time soon!

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, this explains a lot - http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-ask-toolbar-malware/

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
WELP! My boyfriend changed his Facebook status to 'in a relationship' and people have liked it.

The reason why this is scary is because we got together a couple of days ago and we're gonna be private about it for a while and being in a relationship is scary but great in itself. Luckily, he didn't say with who so he still kept true to his word, but it was still a shock.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeplay Music changed their website! I can't believe it! That website hadn't changed a BIT since we started using it in video production class over ten years ago... even within the last couple of weeks, I was there and it still looked the same... now it's changed COMPLETELY! This is really weird! And, you can't even download the music anymore! They say their music is free, but there are no longer any links for you to actually download any of the songs, only an "Add to Cart" button (what?)

At least now, they ARE allowing their music for use in YT videos, since they apparently didn't allow that to begin with, even though I always did all this time (Steve's old theme song came from FPM).

And they do now have a useful feature: being able to search by composer, which is great, because I've found myself coincidentally using music from the same composer over and over again, now I can easily find his work by searching his name.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After seeing some of the stuff that my little sister has recently been adding to her favorites on deviantART... I'm gettin' a little worried about her... :concern:

Course, she is a teenager after all, guess she's just going through some... questionable phases right now... but still...

Slackbot

Reaction score
I may not get a paycheck tomorrow or for the forseeable future if those Congresscritters don't get their act together.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There isn't going to be any peace whatsoever withing the government until Obama is out of the White House, and/or the GOP start getting their way again.

Seriously, the current government shutdown threat is all because the GOP STILL wants to get rid of Obama care... they must just either REALLY hate the middle and lower class, or they just REALLY don't want to part with one precious penny of all the moolah they're just sitting on their big fat rear echelons.