1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Boston/Cambridge area Muppet Movie Screenings April 20

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by WalkingEye, Mar 20, 2012.

1. WalkingEye

WalkingEye New Member

Hey folks,

The weekend of April 20th the Brattle theater in Harvard square is having Muppet Madness! They will be showing a bunch of Muppet/Henson movies including a triple feature of the muppet movie, the great muppet caper and muppets take manhatten.

Here's a link to all the details:
    http://brattlefilm.org/category/calendar-2/repertory-series/muppet-madness/

Hope to see some of you there.
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

That is so cool! I want to be there!
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd love to go to one of those, but I can't make up my mind of which one I want to see... the Triple Bill of all three movies? The New Movie on a double bill with Being Elmo? The Labyrinth/Dark Crystal showing? I'm sure I wouldn't be able to get all 3 of them...
  4. WalkingEye

WalkingEye New Member

Yeah deciding which showing to go to is tough. I'm leaning toward the triple feature as I haven't seen the great muppet caper in twenty years. I'm thinking about bringing my Kermit replica with me! I'd love to see the dark crystal/labyrinth double feature but I have to work that day.
  5. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

If I could go, which I can't as I live in the UK, I'd go to the triple feature. I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the first 3 Muppet movies at the cinema!!!
  6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Agreed, there's just something extra special about seeing the originals on the big screen. :)

It'd be cool to see Being Elmo in a theatre, but I've been watching it a lot on Netflix lately. I'd only attend that screening to share in the audience reaction; I wonder who else would cry during the making time for my daughter, Make a Wish, friendship with Jim, and other emotional segments? ;)
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  7. WalkingEye

WalkingEye New Member

I think I should mention that the Brattle is a small independant theater. As in a proper theater (think the muppet theater) that has a screen on the stage. Not a big huge multiplex cinema with the giant screen or that kind of atmosphere. It's actually a pretty cool place! I saw a showing of ghostbusters there a while back and someone in line was handing out marshmallows and spoons of fluff. there is usually a great crowd.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  8. panmanthe2nd

Sounds like an amazing place! I want to go there even more!
  9. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Wow that is awesome!!! Too bad I live so far. :(
  10. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

finally something in my hometown...time to plan and go
  11. panmanthe2nd

12. Drtooth

I decided to go to the Labyrinth/Dark Crystal showing... I keep missing Being Elmo on television when it airs, though... but I can only see one, so I'm going to have to go with stuff I haven't seen in ages. otherwise, I own all three classic Muppet Movies on home video.
  13. panmanthe2nd

I went to see Muppets That Manhattan yesterday at my local cinema, and it was amazing!!! Although I own it on Blu-Ray, and have watched it recently, it was like watching it as new. I was just so happy to be there!
    Not that many people turned up, but that's not at all unusual around here (The only time the cinema has been almost full was when I went to a half-price showing of The Artist!).
    When I was there I found out that next month they are showing Muppet Treasure Island, so I'm hoping to be able to go and see that! And I'm also hoping that they'll show other classic Muppet films soon.

Did you have a good time?
  14. Drtooth

Definitely. That's the first time I really watched both movies. I saw at least some of Labyrinth when I was younger on television, but I never saw it air on television again, and I wasn't able to get the DVD's just yet.

But lemme tell you this. If they do this next year, I'm still going to skip the other Muppet movies and see these ones again, even if I get the DVD's for both of them by then. I really enjoyed them. I don't think I would have appreciated the films as much if I were younger, maybe Labyrinth... but I really think really seeing the Dark Crystal for the first time that day made me enjoy the movie all the more.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  15. panmanthe2nd

I've never seen them too! I've seen bits of Dark Crystal over the years, but never all of it.
    I was recently given Labyrinth on Blu-Ray, so I'll have to watch it soon.
  16. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Darn! I missed this thread! I live close to Mass, so I definitely would have gone! :grr: