Boy is my board tired joke- anyone get this?

camillachick

Reaction score
In an episode of sesame street I was watching, Grover, our favorite world traveler, goes somewhere with good surfing. He says, "I just got back from ___ and boy is my board tired. Wind chime. No. Anyway," Then continues as usual. I get the 'is my board tired!' part as a take-off on the 'boy are my arms tired'. But does anyone know why he says 'wind chime'? It seems so random I'm convinced it is another joke stuck in there concerning something I'm just not familiar with.

The format strikes me as very similar to the Journey to Ernie Peking Duck joke in the episode werein Big Bird hides instead of Ernie. Ernie says to Rubber Duckie, "Cover your eyes, and no peeking, Duck. What? Never mind." And I almost missed that joke.

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Literally just saw both of these jokes minutes ago. You're confusion comes from the fact that Grover says "Rim shot" not "Wind CHime". A Rimshot is that drum and cymbal beat that often accompanies a joke, usually a bad joke. Grover made his joke, then looked to the band offstage expecting a little back up. When they didn't give it to him, he says "Anyway...". Hope that clears things up:smile:

camillachick

Reaction score
OH! Yes that does help. I love those little asides Frank Oz does when he performs Grover. I noticed some of the more senior puppeters do this occasionally and it never fails to crack me up.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
What was that joke that on the number of the day that the count was telling all those sheep with Russian hats surrounding his bed? I forgot just that quickly, but it was funny any how.

I like how before they noticed your there they making small talk or fixing their feathers or something, very funny stuff.