Brand New Hope For The Muppets Being Popular Again

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Hi,
Remember I made the thread about my concern for the future of the Muppets? https://muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/concern-for-the-future-of-the-muppets.64546/ Well, ever since DisneyPlus came in, the Muppets made a new show called Muppets Now and this year they did a halloween special called Muppets Haunted Mansion. And MHM is trending very well and the reviews are very well received. Now I feel like that there is a brand new hope for The Muppets to be popular again. I don't know how well MuppetsNow did, but Muppet Haunted Mansion saved The Muppets. WHEE!:smile: Not only that, they added The Muppet Show on DisneyPlus which is great, despite of missing a couple of episodes and missing some of the segments because of the evil copyright issues. Nonetheless, I'm so happy The Muppets are doing well on DisneyPlus. If DisneyPlus is the only way to see the new Muppet projects, that is totally fine with me. I'm so glad I subscribed DisneyPlus a couple of years ago. You know what? I feel like making a wish list of what will the Muppets do for their future projects on DisneyPlus. YAY MUPPETS!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This just makes new Muppet projects more and more exclusive, which is one of the reasons the Muppets struggle to maintain an audience these days, because of such limited and exclusive distribution of their newer projects, and MUPPETS NOW! apparently had a lukewarm response with mixed reviews from those who saw it.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
This just makes new Muppet projects more and more exclusive, which is one of the reasons the Muppets struggle to maintain an audience these days, because of such limited and exclusive distribution of their newer projects, and MUPPETS NOW! apparently had a lukewarm response with mixed reviews from those who saw it.
Well, I can't say I'm surprise for the mixed reception of Muppets Now, but Muppets Haunted Mansion did make it up for it. And you're right, I'm afraid the future Muppet projects will be exclusive to DisneyPlus. But that's fine. I subscribe to DisneyPlus anyway.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Where do you suggest they put Muppet projects then? Just about nobody is watching network or cable TV anymore, there's no way that putting them on broadcast will reach a wider audience.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Where do you suggest they put Muppet projects then? Just about nobody is watching network or cable TV anymore, there's no way that putting them on broadcast will reach a wider audience.
Exactly! So, I think watching new Muppet projects only on DisneyPlus maybe for the best.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Exactly! So, I think watching new Muppet projects only on DisneyPlus maybe for the best.
It's easily the best option there is. Disney+ is the fastest growing streaming service and has over 116 million subscribes. And from what I saw, Muppets Haunted Mansion got a solid amount of traction on social media, definitely more than Muppets Now. Hard to tell if it was a hit but I think it was step in the right direction.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
It's easily the best option there is. Disney+ is the fastest growing streaming service and has over 116 million subscribes. And from what I saw, Muppets Haunted Mansion got a solid amount of traction on social media, definitely more than Muppets Now. Hard to tell if it was a hit but I think it was step in the right direction.
Well, it's a hit to me.:smile: