Brazilian Puppets -- Any thoughts if these are legitimately manufactured?

nayrbgo

Reaction score
Found this eBay auction just yesterday. I messaged the seller who said there are no markings on the puppets/plushes. It would be cool if these were legitimate Estrela brand SS gear.

Does anyone know? have info? pictures? Insights? Wild guesses? Good hunches?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Here is the link to the auction==> [URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/Brazilian-Bert-Ernie-Stuffed-Dolls-Friends_W0QQitemZ230546505810QQcategoryZ2627QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4721311630344432642"]Brazilian Sesame, perhaps?
[/URL]
:wisdom:
Bryan

muppetperson

Reaction score
These look home made to me.And if they were officially licensed, they would have a tag on them.

nayrbgo

Reaction score
That was my gut reaction. Thanks for looking, muppetperson. :smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I dunno. The Bert and Ernie dolls look pretty good, and pretty much the quality of the time the seller says they're from. Though they could most likely be knock-off products that many countries located in South America were known for in those days.

The price though, that's what really hits you. It's like, why haven't we seen these before, you know? Hopefully an international vintage aficionado can weigh in here.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
:smile:
Anthony

nayrbgo

Reaction score
Hey there, Anthony. Thanks for chiming in!

You bring up the OTHER side of my gut reaction! LOL

Yeah, the material/look/feel does still seem "of the era" . . .and knockoffs/bootlegs are very interesting to me, if they are contemporaries of the original vintage piece that I seek.

$75 I suppose is not so bad for the five items. . . .
but word of mouth from a low feedback eBayer doesn't constitute Certificate of Authenticity, now does it!

:smile:
Bryan