Bridge falls into river

Skye

Reaction score
This is just unbelievable. And so scary! Just plain... wow. You never know what might happen. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone there and everyone who is being affected by this tragedy.

SSLFan

Reaction score
What a great way to start August.:smirk: :cry: :frown:

Telly

Reaction score
One of my friends moved there (only 4 hours away from me) about a year and a half ago. I came home from work at 9:30 and the tv was on CNN. I called her right away. She drives on that road to and from work all of the time. It's right by her place. I called her and she said she was alright. Just spazzing out and bawling. Which I don't blame her.

Another of my friends has a friend that lives there too. He texted her asking if she was alright. She said the would've been ON it at the time, but they ran into construction. Luckily they were running behind schedule!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This is my city guys. Well, ok, I live in the suburbs but still, I work only about five minutes from where this happened, I have driven on that bridge thousands of times. It was such a huge shock. I was getting a pedicure with my best friend and the phone rang and it was my husband and he's like 35W just collapsed into the Mississippi. Suddenly everyone in the salon was talking about it, it was crazy. It kind of feels like 9/11 all over again, just on a smaller scale. THANKFULLY everyone I know is fine, and that is all that matters for now. The worst thing now is how traffic is going to be affected for quite some time because of this.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! I mean I turned to the news and I could take my eye's off of what happen and I was in shock the whole time, too! It was just plain scary! But I really hope they can find out what went wrong with it. I mean that's crazy!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well there are reports that the bridge was structurely "unsound" and that they've known this since all the way back to 1990. I'm not sure why it wasn't addressed sooner, but it's too late now. So far for me, traffic in the city hasn't been any worse than usual, but this is going to be something we're going to be dealing with for some time to come.

Skye

Reaction score
I've really been keeping up with this. And I was happy to hear that the amount of fatalities weren't nearly as bad as they had originally predicted. But it's so pointless that it even had to happen, and I just feel so bad for the people involved in it and the people who lost loved ones.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
the bridge is like 10 minutes away from my house, my mom drove on that bridge twice the day before it fell. They've been doing a lot of major construction on the bridge, so that HAS to be involved somehow.

redBoobergurl, what city do you live in, I'm in Bloomington

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Me, too! I've really been keeping up with it, too. Yeah, I've heard about how the bridge was having problems with it or what ever. It's just painful to watch that happen. And I really hate about all the people who have missing people or hurt or people who died in this. Makes you feel lucky to be alive.