Brothers and Sisters

Slackbot

Reaction score
Schist is a kind of metamorphic rock made of several different kinds of rock. It'd be unusual in limestone caves. If Fraggles were to curse it, in my universe they'd call it Guano Cliff.

Yes, you don't want to make greenish Muppets angry. They might have a yelling, arm-waving fit. Or throw garbage at you. Or put too much starch in your laundry. You made me giggle with the remark about the sad music, BTW.

You've never been a woman, have you? Persons of the female persuasion can be modest among themselves. Skeeter simply didn't want someone she'd only just met, and who practically is a common-law in-law, to see her nakedidity. It's a good thing that Mokey was the one who got flashed, because Mokey's not likely to be startled. She just thought "Oh, that's what Silly Creatures look like under their clothes," and went on. It's a very good thing that Poncle wasn't there, because...well you know how little kids ask embarrassing questions, right?

Side fact: I used to model for art classes. Yes, like that. The hardest part wasn't standing up there while a classroom full of people drew me badly, but disrobing. Nothing makes you feel more self-conscious than taking off your clothes while people are looking. Well, for me at least.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. Yes, and sometimes us big kids also ask embarrasing questions too. Like I said, thought it was a boy/girl together in the same room type of notion. At least now we know better. Yep, Mokey's the type who wouldn't get weirded out, guess it plays into that older understanding sisterly vibe she's got going on.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Loved this installment! The weight-lifting, Skeeter's brush with Fraggle norms, the thwacking, everything. Thanks for posting.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
I had no idea Red was that strong. I guess she really knows her Schist! :wink:

Very cute scene between Red, Skeeter, and Mokey...and grinning here at the exchange between you and Ed (who apparently doesn't mind disrobing in front of anyone, hm Ed?) hee hee hee... I like the contrasts, in general, you've painted between Silly Creatures customs, habits, and hang-ups, and the freewheeling Fraggle lifestyle. (Good frog -- don't ever let any of the fundies read about Fraggles. I can hear it now: "They're trying to recruit our younguns to a wanton lifestyle of naked fur, skinny-dipping, and rock climbing!!")

Interested to see what becomes of the irritability of Sage. Er...heck hath no fury like a Fragglette scorned?
----------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:attitude: Would someone hand me a robe?
Excuuuuse me for applying traditional TV/literary/societal conventions when something similar pops up in a fanfic like Skeeter being self-conscious about her "nakedity" as Slackbot coined it. Now don't rile me up Kris, or I'll open up ma chest of demons and set 'em loose on the unsuspecting Muppets before Ascention Night. :scary: :stick_out_tongue:

Er, yeah, so... More story please?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Oooh! Riled up AND unrobed! (Is that anything like Stuffed & Unstrung? Are there MORE jokes to be made here?)

--------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In flapping winged bat-robe. Do you seriously want to raise heckfire and unleash all manner of unearthly frights here in a nice FR fic? For shame. Besides, hasn't Kim exposed them to enough what with the twins and Janken going to a showing of RHPS?

As Sam would say: You're a disgusting no-good sick weird freako!
And as Alice would say: Why thank you Sam.
:attitude: Freako, 1; Civilization, 0.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
Exposed them...heh heh heh.

Just a sweet transfragglite...or something...

Anyway. 'Scuse the muffins. Carry on.
---------------

Slackbot

Reaction score
Loved this installment! The weight-lifting, Skeeter's brush with Fraggle norms, the thwacking, everything. Thanks for posting.
And thanks for the thanks! Er, that does make sense, doesn't it?
------------
I had no idea Red was that strong. I guess she really knows her Schist! :wink:
Groooooan. Shaaaame on you. I may steal that joke.

Scooter and Skeeter may have a hard time trying to figure out the rules in Fraggle Rock. Fraggles may say they don't have rules and leaders and such, but there is one very important rule, and if the twins figure it out all will be well. If not... well, it won't make for a happy story. But what is a story without conflict?

As for Sage, well, she may be as big as Boober, but she still has some growing up to do. She would do well to stop taking her cues from Boober and look to Unca Wembley for answers this time.

As for the rest of the conversation, I'll just sit back with a fresh, tasty muffin.

Oh--speaking of RHPS, I just found and started posting an ooooold comic I drew back in 1992: The Ducky Horror Comic Strip. It's a twisted mashup of RHPS and Darkwing Duck, and I've been told that the ending is "just plain wrong," and I'm proud of that.

Slackbot

Reaction score
And you don't want to know what's going into the blooper reel from this chapter.